STV-4H diode

calman46

Journeyman
Do these diode get "leaky" ? On a restored SX 980 one diode will bring the idle current to 6mV but other diode it will go down to 20mV. Its the diode I swap them around. I can set the bias and it appears to hold when testing .I wondering if the diode is on verge of failing . No replies at AK . Thanks

nakdoc

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
highly biased
I just had an STV-3H with one diode shorted internally. The symptom was no bias on that channel. The STV-4H has 4 series connected diodes inside. Rather than leaky, it probably has the same failure as mine.

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
I just had an STV-3H with one diode shorted internally. The symptom was no bias on that channel. The STV-4H has 4 series connected diodes inside. Rather than leaky, it probably has the same failure as mine.

I just installed a new set of STV-3H in a Sansui.... They were toast. The brittle wire on the other one snapped up next to the body..... Hell of an invention eh???

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Thanks, kinda pricey. The last ones I bought were in Germany 8 years ago for 6 bucks ...the Spec 2 would be grounded without the STV-4H...

Last edited: