Stuwee, Got any of these ??????

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
stuwee said:
Jerry can this rig record from the stereo? If so, how? Remember I'm a dumbass with these things when you respond........ :albino:
It can be done, but the onboard audio on the laptop might not cut it for ya, quality-wise. If not, then something like an external USB might be in order.

jbeckva

Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
But (responding to me own post...)... If it's CD's you want to do as the source, then those can be "ripped" easily with no loss of quality. Records will need a high quality Analog to Digital converter, tho.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
stuwee said:
I only have a couple hundred CDs, but about 8,000 Lps :twisted:

Not sure how to needledrop (is that what they call it nowdays?). The TT is waaay across the house from the 'puter room, oh shit, I have a laptop now :cheers:

Jerry can this rig record from the stereo? If so, how? Remember I'm a dumbass with these things when you respond........ :albino:

8,000 LP'S???? Like that wasn't a typo???

jbeckva

Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
speakerman1 said:
I was going to use my usb outboard. OK another question. Is USB 3.0 fast? And how do I get it in my computer?

Larry
Yep, it's fast. But it all depends on what you want to connect. Hard drives at USB 2.0 speed are plenty fast enough, and unless the drive itself can go faster (doubtful) then USB 3.0 won't do any good.

You'd need something like this here...

USB 3.0 Card

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
jbeckva said:
speakerman1 said:
I was wondering because I found an External 2 TB HD that has uses 3.0 USB. Is the USB plug different?

Larry
Shouldn't be... I believe it's backward compatible with usb 2.0.

Yep the USB 3.0 device should be backward compatible with 2.0, of course your transfers will be at the 2.0 speed unless you have a USB 3.0 board.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
No on the Gorillaz Lee, and I have Jazz, mostly Lp tho.

I'm confused again, I should look for a USB that will plug into the back of the Dell? And it should have jacks for the preamp to plug into?

Then the Dell has to recognize the USB as what, a harddrive on the control panel?
Speak s l ow l y

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
stuwee said:
No on the Gorillaz Lee, and I have Jazz, mostly Lp tho.

I'm confused again, I should look for a USB that will plug into the back of the Dell? And it should have jacks for the preamp to plug into?

Then the Dell has to recognize the USB as what, a harddrive on the control panel?
Speak s l ow l y
No no pre. You can get the same external USB that Lee and I have. It has a LP hook up with ground. Input and output RCAs. You just hit the switch and start your download. I use it to test my decks and my TT when I set up the cart. I use it for the Daqarta program I have.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
speakerman1 said:
Stuwee can you guess who the blues tape is for. LMAO

Larry
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

and I'll make this easier, and do some searches at Hoffmans site, loads of info on how to needledrop, then when I get the stuff, I'll call Jerry on the phone, much easier :D