Speakers for Yamaha 2010 amp

Fishoz

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Always learning!
Just something to consider Marco - Polk Monitor 7's. Shouldn't break the bank either....
They were beautiful on my old system before the B&W's.

marcok

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I'm very curious about any tech item
Thank you again guys !
Now I will search for a solution and a "deal" ; I'm no hurry .
Ciao
Marco

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
I think those are the BIGGEST ports I've ever seen on a speaker...btw, is that QX-949 bridged to stereo?
Yes, it's a 6" diameter port. These SP-300s are highly efficient at 104 dB @ 1 watt @ 1 metre. That's Klipschorn territory for efficiency, folks.

I run the Pioneer QX-949 in bridged stereo mode, but I do have 4-channel sources I could connect to the Pioneer (8-track, open-reel, vinyl formats).

Nando.

brutal

New Around These Parts
Tagline
Yamahoarder
Pioneer HPM-60 speakers would also be a good choice, if you are looking for something physically smaller than the HPM-100 or JBL L 100 speakers.

Nando.

In the immortal words of the dearly departed Zilch of LHF and AK fame (may he RIP). JBL L-100's, "Fake but fun."

JBL's and Yamaha are a match made in heaven. Maybe something a little newer and less fake like L-112 or the studio version 4411. Newer 4412's would be amazing with a CA-2010. Lots of good vintage JBL's would mate well with any Yamaha gear. Of course, the Yamaha purists will tell you to get a pair of NS-1000M, but those can be hard to find and more pricey than the JBL's.