Speaker hookup question

Gibsonian

Chief Journeyman
Where are these cheap 700's
It was not surprising to see them in the past going noticeably less than the II's on the Bay. I see nothing now. I have a Series 1 here I bought cheap sometime ago, maybe we could work some sort of a deal out............................?????

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
It was not surprising to see them in the past going noticeably less than the II's on the Bay. I see nothing now. I have a Series 1 here I bought cheap sometime ago, maybe we could work some sort of a deal out............................?????
You mean a 700? Not 700B or 700II right? I like working deals.... Whatcha need???

Gibsonian

Chief Journeyman
You mean a 700? Not 700B or 700II right? I like working deals.... Whatcha need???
Yep, a plain old 700. I was thinking of ole Cathy, who has been converted to quasi WOPL by Lee. Convert her to full WOPL, I buy parts, you do the conversion to new chassis, new backplane boards, new fins, yadi yadi. Cathy has latest WO amp board, 21996's and DCP already. I buy parts, you of course would do the conversion to full WOPL, no labor charges. I ship you the extra 700 that I have now, at no cost, you can do what you wish with her. I can ship Cathy when you have time to do her. Any interest in this proposal?

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Yep, a plain old 700. I was thinking of ole Cathy, who has been converted to quasi WOPL by Lee. Convert her to full WOPL, I buy parts, you do the conversion to new chassis, new backplane boards, new fins, yadi yadi. Cathy has latest WO amp board, 21996's and DCP already. I buy parts, you of course would do the conversion to full WOPL, no labor charges. I ship you the extra 700 that I have now, at no cost, you can do what you wish with her. I can ship Cathy when you have time to do her. Any interest in this proposal?

Sounds like a plan. I have time at the end of next week so box em up.

Gibsonian

Chief Journeyman
Ok, will just box up the one that is now yours. Will ship Cathy later on. Pretty broke right now, been on 80% salary since March but heard today that going back to 100% this month. Prolly will ship in a month, can't afford any parts right now!

Anthony

New Around These Parts
Speaking of...... I need another 700B/II....................... ANybody got one for sale??? I've been holding out for a Pro 700 but it doesn't appear to be helping. The last guy wanted $1000 for a bombed out unit............... I passed
You still looking?????

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
He has them listed in a Facebook group for 1,234.00 for the Pro 700's.
I'm still not convinced they are in his possession and are his.
Ed has told me of the guy in Colorado that had this collection.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I think he's a little pricey. The only thing that intrigues me is the Altec amp..

Skratch

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Life is short, so take your time
I had the Altec 9440A amp years ago and I thought the Phase 400 sounded better so I sold it to a local rock band

Skratch

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Life is short, so take your time
The one that I had came out of a large movie theater running their large format voice of the theaters. Produced a lot of power but was noisy