Speaker Cable

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Ha on the cyro treated wires. I've got some new fangled oxidized treated copper speaker cables. If oxidation is good enough for Domed Cathedral roofs then it should sound like Davinci through the speakers, or something like that. :hello1:

After all it is only oxidixed on the surface and protected by the clear wire insulation. I wonder if this wire was on the Titanic?

It is `12 gauge, I'll let you gage how much is copper and how much is oxidation?

JustMike

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
"Just Passin thru"

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
Thanks, Mike. I well remember how your system sounded. I just sent the seller a report, and will see how she responds. I'm glad the folks here are so helpful!

Lazarus Short

Tagline
Last edited:

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
You can definitely see through the jacket of the 2747. I wonder is the resistance changes with the oxidation of the copper? Anyway, at the price Monoprice sells wire for, it isn't that expensive to just replace it..

Lazarus Short

Tagline
​I am refunded! Now off to Monoprice...

EDIT: The above was posted May 2nd. Today, May 11th, the wire arrived. Versus the CCA wire at 1.4 ohms per 29 feet, this wire is 0.1 - 0.2 ohms per 25 feet. Much better, and the sound from the speakers is much better.

Last edited:

tivali

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
I have recommended these to others on the forum and everyone that has tried these is quite impressed. They are heavy, about 3/4" in thickness and made of both Oxygen Free Copper and Silver. Kevin will prepare them in any length and terminate them any way that you would like. But, due to their weight they are a bit expensive to ship from Taiwan. Kevin is using the best Chinese materials (same as a lot of the big name makers) and has low overhead and labor costs because he is in Taiwan. But, the quality, workmanship, performance, and cost to value are extraordinary. Kevin could probably quite possibly charge 5 to 10X the cost. I know someone that compared them to what had at one time been $22,000 list price MIT cables and he preferred Kevin's.

Others on the site that have them include John and BlurayFred. Other members of the community that are considering getting these are Lou (Hammie) and Sean. I just ordered a 10m set of 2 each (bi-wire) set for my side surrounds. I have these also on my main front L, R, can C speakers.

Last edited:

R1200S

Journeyman
Tagline
Smoke and mirrors baby!
I have recommended these to others on the forum and everyone that has tried these is quite impressed. They are heavy, about 3/4" in thickness and made of both Oxygen Free Copper and Silver. Kevin will prepare them in any length and terminate them any way that you would like. But, due to their weight they are a bit expensive to ship from Taiwan. Kevin is using the best Chinese materials (same as a lot of the big name makers) and has low overhead and labor costs because he is in Taiwan. But, the quality, workmanship, performance, and cost to value are extraordinary. Kevin could probably quite possibly charge 5 to 10X the cost. I know someone that compared them to what had at one time been $22,000 list price MIT cables and he preferred Kevin's.

Others on the site that have them include John and BlurayFred. Other members of the community that are considering getting these are Lou (Hammie) and Sean. I just ordered a 10m set of 2 each (bi-wire) set for my side surrounds. I have these also on my main front L, R, can C speakers.
Who exactly are you referring to when you say Kevin? I'm looking for cables right now! Thanks

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Yeah, I am wondering what these cost since low overhead and cheap cost of materials. I have huge thick Monster Cable lines but they are only about 8ft long each and I want a pair at least 20ft long each

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
Might want to check out Maze Audio on ebay. I don't think he has any bi-wires out there now but he can make custom. Should be around $200 for a short throw. I like his materials, looks good. I have bought a set of jumpers that are great. Haven't jumped on his bi-wires yet - made my own from Monsters but sooner or later will make a change.

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
Kimber 4PR / 8PR or 4VS / 8VS is ideal for bi-wiring because you only need 1 length of cable.

I've been using 4VS in that manner for 22 years. Started with 2 runs of 35' but moved to a smaller place 14 years ago so cut the runs down to 12'.

I see on their website now a 12VS but I bet it's not cheap. It's got to mean something if they still produce the same wire unaltered for so many years.