Self inflicted wound

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Forget that last post. The fuses were not installed. With the fuses in I now read with variac at 120 volts .249 volts on the bias. Bulb is faintl glowing. I’ll see what happens when I reinstall the 4th row. Probably just a brain fart on my part. May not be tonight. Thanks
You need fuses to get any bias readings, :) Hopefully you are still good despite the mishap.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
This is where contact was made. I don’t recall taking the variac beyond 30-35 volts because the DBT stayed bright. I only powered it up for a few seconds. I pulled the outputs from that 4th row and they tested good. The others are still in place. View attachment 64992
Steve, shoot us a photo of the output terminal section of your amp while you are here...see if we can pick up any other pointers to help you out.

Steve K

Journeyman
Tagline
---
I still need to tin the wire ends and dress everything up. Then onto the input wiring. That is provided I don’t mess anything else up on the way.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Steve, from the photos, it looks like some of those solder joints on the emitter resistor common tie points might be cold? Do they look different in person?

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast

Steve K

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Thanks for looking Lee. The joints are pretty solid they just don’t show up well in the pictures. Joe the copper plate is there insulated from the chassis and wired per your updated ground scheme. Thanks!