Sansui monster

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
The T is next to the R. The Dvorak keyboard sucks even more.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Yeah, I can't afford a G Series (Not in the power I want), so I'll look at others.

I did find a Sansui G-7700 (120 WPC @ 8 Ohms) in Great shape But the guy said it doesn't power on. I can handle that. I did notice it had a 220V sticker on the back so MAYBE, I can just pop it open and turn the selector switch to 110V. I have found some good deals before because some guys don't know what's up with a piece of gear they were given, or got in a storage unit. The last one was that Carver receiver that this dude said he couldn't figure out. I saw it right away and put the jumpers on it from Pre out to Main In. It came right up and saved me about $400 Dude didn't know that it needed those jumpers on it to work as a receiver instead of as an amp or preamp. Not all are like that but many are. So, I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's the voltage selector position. If not, I got it for cheap enough that I can spend some hours and a few bucks get her troubleshot and do a freshen up/service and do some face-lifting of the wood case. Some fresh Drivers/outputs, new emitter resistors, some LED Lighting etc etc etc......... Pics coming in a few days. Great Receiver for the living room Looks like I got my winter project.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Received the G-7700, I immediately started work on it. Turns out, the right channel had 2 shorted output transistors. Just ordered them. Pulled the amp boards and cleaned them up and removed the old outputs, and emitter resistors, now getting ready to rewire them. The wiring has seen better days. I'm going to replace some of the electrolytics too. Also looking at some LED lighting for it (Red or Blue of course). The wood cabinet is in pretty nice shape. A good coat of wax should work great. Looks like it was smoked around so a thorough scrubbing will be in order, She's got the old smell, but I'll spend mucho hours on her. I think this model is WELL worth saving. I got 3-4 projects going and I just keep rotating them (2 Carver M-1.0t's, G-7700, and putzing with a WOPL).