Sansui monster

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
I love these guys when you read their listings. Now you get descriptions like...

Rare
rarest of rare
mega rare
Super rare
ultra rare
UBER rare
and I just read this one "CRAZY RARE"

WTF.... Rare is rare right????

Don't know if there is an order for the rarity but........

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
While watching a basketball game tonight, a commercial came on with this insult. Who would have the audacity to do a hack job on such a classic?
What do you mean? this is an entry level 105b tuner that isn't worthy of the cabinet, the most valuable part of that yard sale offering and a good reason to buy the unit for less than 80 cause that cabinet will fit some nicer units.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
If we need to move that Sansui around, I'll be careful with the knobs and glass, someone else get that other piece, OK? We can put it over there.

Tagline
Retired
I have a Pioneer 1080 that was completely rebuilt by Pacific Stereo in 2012. Nothing was left untouched. Sadly it hasn't been used in probably two years. I use a Sony GX10ES on my living room system. I like this one since it has dedicated EQ loop on it. It powers an old set of infinity Reference Studio Monitors from the early 80's.

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
I used to rework the Kenwood Super 11 and that was a great Receiver. Only 125 WPC but they looked sexy. I brought one back from Germany in 81.

View attachment 34042
What a beauty, the all black looks great. I have one of these but it won't come out of safety. One of these days it's going to get fixed I hope. It fun to look at just all lit up though just wanna hear it again, I like all my Kennies though.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I love these guys when you read their listings. Now you get descriptions like...

Rare
rarest of rare
mega rare
Super rare
ultra rare
UBER rare
and I just read this one "CRAZY RARE"

WTF.... Rare is rare right????

Don't know if there is an order for the rarity but........
Just stop them when they start claiming it cures prostate problems and ED...

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I'm looking for another Sansui receiver right now (I may settle for a Kenwood). I figured somebody would want that Preamp and EQ I wanted to trade but I guess not. Guess I'll look for what I want now instead of seeing what anybody HAD

:love5::love5: :jerk:

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
All I have are fixers, Kenwood as well. The 3300 I got from Jerry isn't bad but the 5050 is mute and the vinyl veneer is a mess. The Kenwood is a KR-....well, I may have donated that to charity, it too needed amp repairs. It was purdy tho.

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Those G series Sansuis were what I used to get in big trouble for at the Guam navy exchange. 10 years old and sporting my dependent ID - got a few lectures from the "Sight and Sound" people for blasting out the store LOL.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Those G series Sansuis were what I used to get in big trouble for at the Guam navy exchange. 10 years old and sporting my dependent ID - got a few lectures from the "Sight and Sound" people for blasting out the store LOL.
Yeah, I can't afford a G Series (Not in the power I want), so I'll look at others.