RSD 2014

BubbaH

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
I dont know if I'm late to the party, or these are some very late additions, but after going over an email from Sunrise Records, it appears ACDC's Ballbreaker, and Stiff Upper Lip are coming on vinyl.... What the hell!!!!!

Dazen1

Have a Nice Record Store Day! :rabbit: Play some vinyl !
Despite my own reservations about RSD, that is a great sentiment. It should be about playing the bloody records after all!

Heard from a friend who made the effort to get up early and apparently secured the items he was looking for. I'm slightly envious that he got the new Pixies album, but at least I know that particular copy is heading towards his turntable and not eBay.

Nick Danger

Despite my own reservations about RSD, that is a great sentiment. It should be about playing the bloody records after all!

Heard from a friend who made the effort to get up early and apparently secured the items he was looking for. I'm slightly envious that he got the new Pixies album, but at least I know that particular copy is heading towards his turntable and not eBay.
New Pixies album

Waiting on this one myself.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Well the 2 I had requested both came in for me today.

Unfortunately I didnt see any of the ACDC relelases.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Last edited:

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Did ya manage to find some vinyl on RSD this year Tony?
Our RSD was a very enjoyable day trip but other than a pink vinyl Pink Floyd disc my Son picked up, for me - nada!
I purposely limited my knowledge of the "grand list" that was published on the days releases to keep it more exciting.
As I mentioned before, my Son slipped and told me that Aerosmith had new remasters on 180g vinyl but between the two
stores we went to the pickins' were slim to none. Not to mention, where I expected to see some attractive pricing of what
was available on vinyl most everything seemed normally high in terms of pricing. For instance, I did find a copy of 'Draw the Line' but it
was $25. If 'Rock in a Hard Place' was available and priced similarly I would have passed. I have a "Demonstration" copy
already that plays like new. I guess more importantly, I typically expect the RSD draw to be valuable because other used
vinyl (in past years) would be more aggressively priced but I didn't see that this year. One store had bins of all the RSD
releases but nothing in my areas of artist/band interest; the second store supposedly had people waiting in line for hours
prior to the doors opening and that store was picked pretty clean of most "RSD labeled" items.

Rush.jpg ELP 1977.jpg

I did manage to get the 2013 remastered CD box set of Rush's 'Studio Albums 1989 -2007' in like new condition for $14 which I consider a super deal.
Nando turned me on to some tracks off the latest Deep Purple 'Now What?!', which I immediately fell in love with, so I picked up a used copy of that CD.
Steve Morse is brilliant on this album. Picked up some live ELP - circa 1977 - 'Live in Montreal' which was in support of the 'Works' tour. Also found some
Bread in a two disc collection entitled 'Retrospective' as a "roll-the-dice" purchase because of the amount of material it contained. Bread has a classic set
of acoustic ballads that are pretty recognizable but I was more interested to hear what else they could do in a more blue-grass/folk style.

So all in all, a non-vinyl RSD for me but it still yielded some nice finds. And we always enjoy making an outing of it & hitting the record stores in Berkeley! :glasses8:
Oh, and Phillip Phillips did a free mini-acoustic-concert on the second floor of Rasputin music which came as a complete surprise to us.
So that was cool too!

Last edited: