RSD 2014

BubbaH

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Anyone wanting anything on the release list for this years Record Store Day? Plans to hit local or distant shops?

Ill be sticking around Peterborough this year. I asked Tim at Bluestreak to see if he could bring me in one of each of Wednesday 13's Calling All Corpses, and Dixie Dead limited edition vinyl. Only 500 copies of each going out. Might also keep my eyes peeled for a re release of Pantera's Far Beyond Driven.

Anyone else got any plans?

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Making a day of it.
Plan on hitting 2 or 3 different places with the Fam.
Hopefully the weather is good!

Leaving the actual RSD releases to chance; don't want to spoil the fun! :evil4:

Dazen1

I'm guessing this a bigger deal over there than it is in Europe.

Watch those eBay servers go into meltdown next weekend...

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Im guessing its a bigger deal in certain places. Unlike Tony, I wont be able to make a day of it. As there is only 1 shop here in town. I'd have to go on a tour to hit multiple shops. If I dont get the 2 I am looking for I will definitely be calling around to some other shops not far away to see if they have any copies.

Dazen1

I hope you guys manage to pick up a few goodies.

I suspect most (true) fans will have to work hard to get hold of the stuff they really want. The amount of interest and excitement created by RSD cannot be denied, although I am not convinced it is the best way to nurture and support independent record stores.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
The amount of interest and excitement created by RSD cannot be denied, although I am not convinced it is the best way to nurture and support independent record stores.
I agree Daren. I support my record shops by visiting every week, not once a year for over priced re pressings. Unfortunately there a few things every year that come out, that sometimes cant be acquired any where else.

Dazen1

I agree Daren. I support my record shops by visiting every week, not once a year for over priced re pressings. Unfortunately there a few things every year that come out, that sometimes cant be acquired any where else.
I know what you mean Ben.

You probably know already - that I'm strictly CDs only these days - but back in the day I was always visiting my favourite record stores in London picking up 7" singles that would otherwise have been very difficult to source.

I think the RSD concept is great, but the exclusivity is limited to those who either get lucky on the day or who have deep pockets and buy off eBay after the event.

Loyal customers of the participating stores are (almost) bypassed during the whole exercise.

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Ben, depending on cost, I am interested in the Dream Theater and the Mastodon Live. That Jimmy Page w/ the Black Crowes sounds interesting also

BubbaH

Tagline
---
That Jimmy Page and Crowes is not limited to RSD. He's had a copy of that down at my local shop for a couple months now. Triple vinyl set. I already have the 2CD set so I am in no rush to buy the vinyl.

Skynyrd77

Tagline
lost in my own world
There's like 3 I'm interested in but if it's like the last few years the only 2 shops close to me will not have them!!its a cool idea but seems to be a pain also!

Nick Danger

Anyone wanting anything on the release list for this years Record Store Day? Plans to hit local or distant shops?

Ill be sticking around Peterborough this year. I asked Tim at Bluestreak to see if he could bring me in one of each of Wednesday 13's Calling All Corpses, and Dixie Dead limited edition vinyl. Only 500 copies of each going out. Might also keep my eyes peeled for a re release of Pantera's Far Beyond Driven.

Anyone else got any plans?
Albert Ammons(tops on the wish list)
DMB
Devo
Flaming Lips
Dead
Husker Du
Jerry
Wes Montgomery
Tame Impala
Gojira
Jacob Fred Jazz Odyessy

I would pick up the Childish Gambino early release if it was there as well. Be very lucky to get 1 or maybe 2 of the titles on this list, but I will console myself with the purchase of some other various vinyl or maybe another open reel or receiver;).

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I wish I could get the Joy Division remaster but I will not get to Boise or Walla Walla, Washington. And I'm still broke.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
I have missed every annual Record Store Day. There are at least six albums I see on the 2014 list I wouldn't mind having. Lately, I have been able to find some very nice LPs at my local used record store that recently opened. It's called "Kelly's Eclectibles." I have been supporting the local economy by picking up about $30 of vinyl each month. The good stuff sells for between $8 to $12.

Recent albums that I bought are:

David Bowie - Dead Man Walking
Focus - Focus 3
Frijid Pink - Self-titled
Jean Michel Jarre - In Concert Houston Lyon
Mason Williams & Mannheim Steamroller - Classical Gas
Talking Heads - More Songs about Buildings and Food
Traffic - John Barleycorn Must Die

Nando.

fitz43

I have missed every annual Record Store Day. There are at least six albums I see on the 2014 list I wouldn't mind having. Lately, I have been able to find some very nice LPs at my local used record store that recently opened. It's called "Kelly's Eclectibles." I have been supporting the local economy by picking up about $30 of vinyl each month. The good stuff sells for between $8 to $12.

Recent albums that I bought are:

David Bowie - Dead Man Walking
Focus - Focus 3
Frijid Pink - Self-titled
Jean Michel Jarre - In Concert Houston Lyon
Mason Williams & Mannheim Steamroller - Classical Gas
Talking Heads - More Songs about Buildings and Food
Traffic - John Barleycorn Must Die

Nando.
Nando,

The Spring Record Convention was in Vancouver yesterday. I was in the US, so didn't go and was only made aware of it Saturday evening.

Doug
The next one (Maybe the Fall Record Convention?) is on Oct 5th.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
My son spilled the beans about potential Aerosmith remasters being released on RSD. 180g ones.

Looks like I need to rethink my frugal and strategic shopping approach this Saturday. Damn it! :angry1: