ROXANNE........

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I thought I had missed the boat on the black faceplate till the phase linear phanatic posted he would sell his. I have 2 personal cherry B's that I want black faceplates on...

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
I'm looking for a few PL-36 boards to rebuild so I have them ready for these Clair's. I want to get ahead of the game.

oldphaser

Chief Journeyman
The 400 series II's take the 36 also right?
Yes the 400 series II's also uses the same PL-36 board.
However there are some subtle differences in some of the resistor values.
An example would be the "pre-bias" transistors (R127, R128, R227 and R228).
You may or may not see these on some of your boards.
The service manual & schematics may not have them included. I have a copy of Dean's service manual with some hand-written notes.
If you have any questions, drop me an e-mail.

Ed

Last edited:

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Perry, if you can hang on to the black 700B faceplate for a while, once I finish shipping Lee his amps, I will need one (unless Lee already has one)

Did Rob end up buying Deb?? He wanted to tackle building one but I was not sure he has the specialized testing equipment needed so I cautioned him against it. He said he can sling solder but these are not amps to do on the fly with minimal equipment

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I have one left (700B and one Clair) for your amp. Which amp are you wanting one for??

Rob didn't have the cash...... Most don't. They aren't your run of the mill Kraco's..... He said he would unload some gear but????? we know how that goes. I just finished packing DEB, she has a new home with Steve from Jupiter Florida. Keep pushing, Like I said, I pay a finders fee.

P

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
700B

I have a black 400 series 1 face plate for the gorgeous clean 8 fin one I have put aside to be WOPL'd someday, would be cool to have matching silver and black faceplates for them if I ever want to change the look. The new Clair plates look good and I like how the Clair Bros script is slightly different which will keep people honest about owning the real deal originals