Ron's Carv M1.5T Recap

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Had my fingers crossed all night and now I can't uncross them, wicked cramping LOL

Northwinds

Tagline
Is that screaming that I hear coming up from the South on the breeze? I bet the diluthium crystals are oscillating :shock::shock:

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Captain, I believe we've restored impulse power but we've also drifted into the Neutral Zone and six Romulan ships have just de-cloaked. There's a mighty pissed fella on hailing frequency!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
No, that's just Shpongle, they provide the Starship and the Di-Lithium crystals, it's up to you where you want to go...

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Whatever it is, I'm getting Ferengi'd right now! :angry1:

I have done a lot of ground checking, but no luck there just yet. What's interesting is it seems to have increased the limit before things go south. It may just be an overcurrent - I compared the idle power and the good one is pulling about 15 or so max, while Ron's is pulling over 50. You can hear the music beat being modulated and coming from the transformer.

I believe I can get the triac here - http://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/P-QQ4025P. Should I give it a shot or any other ideas? :shock:

Northwinds

Tagline
This thread should get interesting now that the Carver is now Jer's and he can do what he needs to at a convenient pace

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Right now just continue to troubleshoot. I opened up the one I bought, and MAN I really think it got refurbed. MJ15024/25's in, the same 50/80 volt cap mod, input caps now poly's, wired off from the original pcb holes, and one seriously badass looking SCR/Triac (has legs the size of pencil leads.. thick!). I don't think I'll be doing anything "physical" to it 'cept put it in the rotation.. did that a few mins ago. Not bad soundin.. still eval'in