Ron, Here is our cars

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
I bought the green charger for 6500 from a guy with 6 kids and a fat wife who spent all his money on bon bons

Sold it for $19,000 to a guy in Germany 3 weeks later

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Sounds like the ball joints and tie rods were fucked also.
Don't forget the K MEMBERS... That's how the engine was lifted up from the bottom and bolted in.

The first thing it seems you need to do when you raced was replace them...there was a place called Koller Dodge that advertised in Hot Rod with racing and Mopar Direct Connection parts.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
My God, Perry, we're the same insane :twisted: Mopar Or No Car

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Don't forget the K MEMBERS... That's how the engine was lifted up from the bottom and bolted in.

The first thing it seems you need to do when you raced was replace them...there was a place called Koller Dodge that advertised in Hot Rod with racing and Mopar Direct Connection parts.
Well, that's how they did it in the factory. I used chains and a hoist, almost killed my bro taking that Hemi up 4 feet to get it over the grill. I had a killer Independent Front Suspension from QA1 so The original crooked K member was tossed on my 65 coronet. I had the Mexican down the road reupholster the interior and when I picked up the seats, I asked why they smelled old. He said the foam and the burlap were reused because the foam is so expensive... WTF, I had just spent 25K to have a motor built.... I was flabbergasted....

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I am glad you can enjoy your records now Brother!! Did you have to hook up a ground?
Nope, no ground. No Hum, nuthin.

My brother Johnny just bought a Rega RP1 with performance pack and I decided I had better get my turntable back in action. He's such a rookie.. He thought he needed to adjust the weight since his arm just skidded across the album.. Then he figured out the cart had a plastic protection cover on it... TOOOOO FUNNY...

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Nice cars. Remember this rivalry going back to the 80's?

Here's a Squamish Classics Car Club member's Polara with Max Wedge 426.

Nando.

Fast Forward

Forum Moderator
Staff member
The only thing better (cool looking), was a hemi crossram
I actually experimented with a cross ram on my SD, Yes Pontiac did offer an over the counter option, but I couldn't find any linkage that I could make or modify so I went back to the in-line set-up, wish I would have kept the manifold (worth a tidy sum)I think my Nephew has it now $_35.jpg

Last edited:

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
I actually experimented with a cross ram on my SD, Yes Pontiac did offer an over the counter option, but I couldn't find any linkage that I could make or modify so I went back to the in-line set-up, wish I would have kept the manifold (worth a tidy sum)I think my Nephew has it now View attachment 27569
421 tri power? My Dad stuffed one into a GTO clone LeMans when the 389 blew up

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Gotcha, I was just a wee tyke when my Dad had that car. It was built to the snot to, not a stock motor. I remember trying to hold the clutch pedal in when he was adjusting the linkage and he warned me if my feet slipped off, it would probably break my shin. It was a racing clutch and I had to use both my legs to keep it depressed LMAO!!! I think I was around 8 years old. I remember the tri power was taken off it (he said they were a pain in the ass to keep adjusted) and he had a dual plane Offenhauser on it with dual inline Holley 4bbl carbs