Ripping, HD formatting and OS questions

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Thanks Tony, very informative. What's your day job??
Industrial controls, electronics and magnetic measurement equip.
I do IT/PC consultation work on the side and as a hobby, as time permits.
Prior to this I was in the disk drive/storage industry for longer than I care to admit Lee. :glasses8:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I have a brother in law that has a North Dakota license plate that says "Bin Car", I asked him about it and he said you wouldn't understand, you had to be in the business, I tried really hard to be insulted, just couldn't bring it off..I now hve a glimmer on just how funny that plate was...

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
I have a brother in law that has a North Dakota license plate that says "Bin Car", I asked him about it and he said you wouldn't understand, you had to be in the business, I tried really hard to be insulted, just couldn't bring it off..I now hve a glimmer on just how funny that plate was...
But wait, maybe it was an eBoy Buy It Now vehicle.

LOL!

Last edited:

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
I just tried EAC compared to Media Player ripping. I couldn't hear the difference. I lost a lot of music some where in my previous endeavors. The EAC wouldn't recognize my LG drive. The Pioneer DVD is very loud. You can't hear the LG. So far one unknown. I'm using listening and ripping and I'm ripping in about 2 min average. 30.00 the LG was worth it. I have one HDCD "Monster Jazz" good CD.

speakerman1

Tagline
I can't sell them. Even if I think about it. I start listening to them and this set up will stay. The Vandys may leave for B&Ws; but everything else will stay.

speakerman1

Tagline
Yes everything is cool. Get my new glasses I'll build the battery powered phono amp. I'm running the puter through them right now. The Blues with the piano (Jonny Lang). Now this isn't bright. I'm thinking I was listening to a CD recorded differently. Some of the CDs were just bad. Some are darker. I biased them about 2 weeks ago. I know you guys like big amps. I like these tubes a great deal. I mean there is no noise coming through I can hear. Should I try a TT today going into the puter. Yes Lee thank you for giving me the chance to own these..

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Welcome Larrt, but I wasn't phishing for a thank you, just windered how they were doing. In the end , not enough ooomph for me..

speakerman1

Tagline
I figured I can hear them at Rt. 11 if I'm jamming with windows open. Don't happen often. I'm good to go. I was just showing my appreciation. Would like to know where all the dust comes from though.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
My mancave has so much shit thrown around a standing wave wouldn't dare raise it's ugly head.....

speakerman1

Tagline
My mancave has so much shit thrown around a standing wave wouldn't dare raise it's ugly head.....
Sort of like Dullas airport. Their noise abatement is trees. 1000s of acres. Good baffles. Here is the reading on what is happening on my puter playing music PCM/ 1411 KPS/ 44100 HZ. Is that good?

Kenny Wayne Shepard "Line On 08"

Last edited: