RIP Neil Peart ... 67 Years Young.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Just read this on the CBC News website. Very disheartening to hear of Neil's passing.

Nando.

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
I don't usually get too emotional with these things ... but today I'm feeling it. The dude was more than just some famous drummer.

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
---there is no replacement for displacement
I don't usually get too emotional with these things ... but today I'm feeling it. The dude was more than just some famous drummer.
Very much agree a little emotional here, he was a big part of my childhood and teenage years. YYZ, RIP

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
He had brain cancer but he kept it out of the news apparently, which is really hard to do anymore.

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
A notable drummer and lyricist for sure but Geddy Lee’s voice grates on my nerves. So I listened to Rush not all. Kind of ironic because somehow I wound up with nearly all of their LP’s.

But what Neil Peart did do which I enjoyed far more was author the books about his motorcycle travels. I got more from Neil Peart the traveller than I did from Neil Peart the musician.

Sometimes the two overlapped and it was interesting to read about Rush tours and shows from that perspective.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
Somebody on another site posted this....

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Saw this from a news site.. ummm... "Ok Millennials" LOL.. some humor on a dark subject.. whoever wrote that article aint gotta clue. No slight to YYZ, but...

"Rush’s most successful album was 1981’s “Moving Pictures,” which sold four million copies and featured the rock hit “YYZ,” helping the band earn its first-ever Grammy nomination (they earned seven nominations throughout their career). "

orange

Tagline
I've been watching the NFL playoffs and they play the opening to Limelight...somebody cares.