Rick Stout has done something AMAZING!!!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Are you trying to help him or something? Isn't this an off-site conversation?

Ya got my dander up..,.Why should this be an off-site conversation?? On a forum that cares DEEPLY about it's members , it's the perfect setting....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Thanks Lee. Nice of you to say that. The feeling is mutual.

But I do have a serious issue with you. You need to get rid of your avatar. Aren't you aware of all the wonderful choices you have that would be a huge improvement?

I suggest something really nice... ah, like webpolice.

Wadda ya think?

I do recall something about a VERY LARGE Playboy file on some hard drive I got from you......Is that what you mean??

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker

But I do have a serious issue with you. You need to get rid of your avatar. Aren't you aware of all the wonderful choices you have that would be a huge improvement?

Wadda ya think?
Yeah Lee - like webby.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Ya got my dander up..,.Why should this be an off-site conversation?? On a forum that cares DEEPLY about it's members , it's the perfect setting....
I already sent a reply back to your email...

I don't see a readability problem in any file he's ever sent me. It's also a hard job scanning all of those files...takes a long time.

It just sounded awkward. Nobody is upset about this so much, it just sounded awkward and if it was a problem it would be incumbent of somebody to bring it up a long time ago.

So it sounds like crap from whomever came up with it.

I've also known Rick somewhat for several years and don't think it was fair of them. He has NEVER slacked at anything he's done for me.

Anyway, all hell just broke loose and at least 3 city and one state police trooper went screaming down my street headed to the Fairgrounds area. Maybe somebody got shot/stabbed or something but I need to go look for Spot and Charlie.

Last edited:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
NO, NO, NO Steven...NOT his manuals....the free ones on the net!! Rick's manuals don't leave West Virginee intil they are as perfect as he can make them, I have NEVER had a manual from Rick that was less than EXCELLENT...

orange

Tagline
I thought that this was about his free manuals.

I found Spot...my friend came by with some cat food and told me they came all the way from Walmart and were going the wrong way, which suggests there was a chase. Scared the crap out of me, just out of nowhere.

orange

Tagline
I haven't understood the whole thing from the start, I guess...

It's 6 thumb drives (!) with 13,000+ distinct, non-duplicated documents.

$225.00

I don't even know where the one Web sent is at the moment and it's still unopened.

A lot of pre-loading virus scanning for RAM that can be instantaneously corrupted vs. read only DVDs.

Sorry, I thought I read it right but I had no idea until I saw the link on TH. Rick had to correct PS as he thought they were DVDs too.

I'll never need that many files. I don't know what for. I just want to fix the ones I have.

I think the thing is pretty cool, for sure, but I missed something...maybe I wasn't the only one. I'm sorry. I'll go crawl in bed now. I give up.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
I understood what Lee was saying. The free manuals you can download from HiFi Engine leave something to be desired as some are unreadable. I have DL'ed ones where the pages are skewed sideways and part of the text is cut off, not too mention all kinds of digital dirt and blurred text as if they were tenth generation copies etc.

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly

Wadda ya think?
Not a shot in hell that I would say a word in this thread BUT !!!!! I must defend Lee's Avatar !!!!! I love it !!!! For some odd reason I think it might just be the best Avatar here !!!!!! :iconbiggrin:

Skynyrd77

Tagline
lost in my own world
Just got done reading. A roller coaster of a thread here!! And I have to agree that Lee's avatar rocks!!! But pretty women nvr hurt 1 bit. That's why we have Nav!!!

eminence1963

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
IMHO Navs avatar is getting stale......... How often do you change it? I mean I have....... I have you know...... Cant say it here has to be in that special place..:iconbiggrin: Whada ya say Nav maybe a change is in order?:clown:

orange

Tagline
I understood what Lee was saying. The free manuals you can download from HiFi Engine leave something to be desired as some are unreadable. I have DL'ed ones where the pages are skewed sideways and part of the text is cut off, not too mention all kinds of digital dirt and blurred text as if they were tenth generation copies etc.
Which is partly corrected with Adobe Reader's tools and you can clean some problems up in Photoshop.

You can also CREATE PDF files in Photoshop.

Some PDF files are indeed like bad MP3s. It depends on the Banana Jr. the dude used.

orange

Tagline
Regarding Lee's avatar: He doesn't need a chick avatar, he married a real avatar and he 'flirts' with amps that have girls' names.:cool: