Richard's PL Beastie Rework

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
re Y adapter... that is if the preamp doesn't have two sets of outputs (some do... ) If the pre has two sets.. one to the bose eq and then from eq to wopl, the other to the sub.

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
The Bose eq is needed or the speakers will sound like shit. Adding another eq sort of defeats the Bose eq's intent right? Seems wierd eq'ing a eq
Right on... I think tho with the eq on the other side (btwn pre and amp) the "theoretical" result would be the flat response to the speakers. So... if any kind of tone controls / typical eq are used to tailor the sound that'd be ok... just as if the bose eq didn't exist.

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Right on... I think tho with the eq on the other side (btwn pre and amp) the "theoretical" result would be the flat response to the speakers. So... if any kind of tone controls / typical eq are used to tailor the sound that'd be ok... just as if the bose eq didn't exist.
Gotcha

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Keep it simple to start with Richard, the Soundcraftsman may not be needed. Is the Soundcraftsman a pre/eq combination??

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
It's an SE450. Only connections on the back are amp in/out and tape in/out.
Richard,

I've used a Soundcraftsmen pre amp/EQ in the past with 901's but I found that I used the SC EQ sparingly while listening to music. Over time I switched out the SC EQ and went direct from the pre to the Bose EQ to the amp. I did use the SC EQ more while taping - but in very limited doses. If I were you I'd start with the simpler setup as shown in Jer's drawing. You can add the EQ later to hear the delta but the Bose EQ does a good job for the speaker system.

As Lee mentioned you have other options with the tape ins and outs if you want to go that route.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
We have no idea Kev, we may have lost him........that's what happens when review time come.....

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly
LMAO.... When I knew mine was on its way I had the wires hanging there and knew exactly wher they went.... The hook up was the easy part !!! Maybe he still can't talk.... or hear ? Or maybe he is still in jail for disturbing the whole neighborhood ? Lets dont give up yet... It took me a week or two to get back to normal !!!!

Richard D

Journeyman
Tagline
---
I played it last night without the preamp and it sounded good. I'm in bed with some weird dizzy spells or else i'd be in there hooking it up right and jamming out.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
We may have indeed lost him Kev. We wil send out an AMB (all music bulletin) later I guess. In 1-1/2 hours I ill be in sonic bliss for the rest of today. The music party starts....