Replacing the K's woofers!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Too damn busy at work..,.tired of having a target on my back for providing what folks need so they dont starve or freeze to death. Other than that Darc../...waiting for the circus to come to town!!

derek92994

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed
Too damn busy at work..,.tired of having a target on my back for providing what folks need so they dont starve or freeze to death. Other than that Darc../...waiting for the circus to come to town!!
Busy at work also. been on a fairly good run for a bit with the ear disease. Got a tap on the shoulder at work due to many sick days.
Kicking on though bud, and refusing to leave the couch to go food shopping. This is my Sunday today.
Still messing around with batteries, got lithiums, and the AGM's are still kicking. Has been fun, and I get to piss off the power company at the same time :evil4:

pennysdad

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I've totally lost the plot....
Any special break in advise George???
Sorry, I was busy chopping up stuff for my Possums for tonight's dinner.

Tricky area, Tri-amping.
Because of the increased dynamics, peak limiting with a hard knee threshold is pretty well essential. [preferably on each amp.]
But, to get it right, you need to monitor voltage outputs and set way before clipping.
Unfortunately, you need to know the voltage limits of the voice coils. You need to blow a few to know where that is.
Generally, run it to full volume then back it off 10% and set your limiter's led at that point.
If you want more, then you have to start doubling the components.