Replacing the K's woofers!!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I believe I have finally wounded one of my B & C DCM 50 diaphrams. Starting to sound scratchy.. been 5 years of ungodly torture, I'll take that...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Got a package in from Parts Express today.....new diaphrams for the B & C DE-10 tweets.....a bargain at 23.00 each!!

pennysdad

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I've totally lost the plot....
These are good to like 150db so should last you nicely Lee. I am still am slowly working at switching to the same drivers with wooden horns. I think may a February job
Absolutely all for wooden horns. I've got some old JBL 2397 Smith Horns that are wood.
Can't think of any other wooden JBL ones. Hmmmmm.... Nope. They're the only ones. Most strange.
I remember the Westlake Monitors used 'em with either JBL or TAD drivers. They're such a dream to listen to.
Best suited to the big 4" voice coil drivers tho', but that's just me.
As soon as I can straighten up enough to reach them, I'll hook 'em up.
But what to pair 'em with? Decisions decisions.....

Sort of an 'abbreviated' version of an Altec Multicell once you look inside.

JBL 2397 inside.png

Altec 805b.png

Last edited:

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
I like the design of the wooden multi horns. The plastic ones have the expansion curve on the outer sides only and straight dividing walls (as far as I can see).

With the wood, each horn of the array has the same shape to both side walls. Nice.

That should sound very similar as you move off axis; whereas the plastic ones should sound somewhat different off axis.

I like what I see!