replacement Phase Linear 5000 led tuner lamps (all 13)

Russ

New Around These Parts
Tagline
retired Cummins Power Generation serviceman
looking to upgrade my 5000 tuner with new festoon style led lamps. Blue is preferred color. 7 volts AC available, 12 volt .15 amp bulbs currently in use.

Thanks

Russ.

Attachments

Russ

New Around These Parts
Tagline
I checked out the link. the inside distance between the lamp holders on my 5000 is 1 3/16ths. the lamps from the link would not engage the lampholder..too short.

Attachments

Russ

New Around These Parts
Tagline
****PHASE LINEAR 5000 problem solved Fellas...My 14 new "cool blue" LED replacement lamps arrived today. about 3/8" inch shorter than the OEM.
I just looked down and the answer was right in front of me. I dismantled 13 "Wire Nuts" and used the conical spring on one end of the new Blue LED lamps to make up the length difference. unbelieveable fit and secure. the conical spring keeps tension on the lamp and also keeps it centered at the same time..all for the cost of 13 wire nuts..lol..lol..Piece of cake. Now have bad ass overhauled 400 with bad ass 5000 tuner and bad ass BOSE 901 Series VI and finally, Bad ass brand new BOSE 301 series 5 in my workshop. Ted Nugent never sounded so good. I hope this "patented" fix helps someone else too. Russ Krul, Mt. Juliet, Tenn.

Attachments

Last edited:

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
I have the same tuner and although I am not a fan of the blue persuasion, I will use your idea, Russ, with some warm white LEDs bulbs when I see that one of the original incandescent bulbs has gone to electron heaven.

Tagline
Born and Raised In The 700 Watt Club.
Yep. I used those for my 5000 Tuner about seven years ago. Ebay had em then. There was a guy who custom made them for several types of receivers. Recommended to me by frhodes (posted below). I went with the Cool White since that most closely resembles Joes Cool White LED boards for my 700B meters. I was going to contribute to this but it seemed you were well on your way to finding them. I stopped using the analog tuner in my system years ago. But I still have the LED's in there. The mirror-like reflective metal hood that goes over them had started to rust away in mine. I sanded it down and coated it with a metallic-chrome paint and it worked pretty well. I still have it in a closet. Destined for another audio rack when I have the space. -Great Bulb replacements! Too bad they aren't available NOW.

Capture1.PNG

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

Last edited:

Russ

New Around These Parts
Tagline
I hear that...most all the good stuff is either in the grave or refurbished by nuts like us. you got the nice listening room thing going on. I have 7 cats and they do not like loud music (see movie Stray Cat Strut, that's my house indoors) All my power is out in my detached shed..which is OK by me. I respect my cats. real sensitive hearing. I also attached the main channel number for my you tube television station..there's lots of cool videos I made posted there. Russ Krul, 1003 Station Circle, Mt. Juliet, Tenn 37122 STRAY CAT STRUT... ********KRUL STRAY CATS 2014********* - YouTube RUSS KRUL - YouTube .

Russ

New Around These Parts
Tagline
here's my 24 x 30 listening room....901's hangin from ceiling, 301's hanging from opposite ceiling, 400 powers up everything. I can go to about 75 percent before you start to hear it outside. i built my shed with 2 X 6 walls and stuffed them with R15 pink fiberglass insulation. 1973 ALICE COOPER ON NEW BOSE 301 SERIES V AND BOSE 901 VI - YouTube ....brand new 301's and I had at tweeter limiter open up on me a few weeks ago... BOSE is giving me a real hard time. I just want them to mail me one. I don't want to ship the whole speaker to them. That's retarded. Do you know of anyone who sells these protection lamps with the green dot? right now i have a 12.8 volt, 2.1 amp automotive bulb in it's place. Russ.

Attachments

pennysdad

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I've totally lost the plot....
....I can go to about 75 percent before you start to hear it outside. i built my shed with 2 X 6 walls and stuffed them with R15 pink fiberglass insulation. Russ.
Nothing works better than cavity walls filled with beach sand for soundproofing.
... and don't forget a 6" layer on the ceiling.
Because of it's very constitution, sand won't transmit sound. Zero.

Russ

New Around These Parts
Tagline
just for kicks, I attached the link to our television station....it's loaded with self-help videos, tutorials, silent slideshows, etc. Suggest viewing this channel with a decent sized color monitor and a good audio system, such as the Bose Wave...you'll have to fork out 600 bucks. it's well worth it. Enjoy! Russ. OH, by the way, the dog in the picture is my dog "Juno" wearing my x-wife's wedding gown. this goes back to 1999. I had postcards made of the famous pose. Juno passed away in 2004 while under anesthesia getting her teeth cleaned. her body is gone but her spirit remains. i still have a ton of postcards so if anyone wants one sent to them, just e mail to me your shipping address at russkrul@gmail.com. RUSS KRUL - YouTube