Records from the 80's....harsh?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I had my old Kenwood KD2070 worked on and got it back on line last year. I hadn't played any albums in years. Most of the records I had where from the 80's. Stuff I really liked back then. Playing them now I shake my head and think man that is crap. Just can't dig it these days. It's mainline Jazz for me now, preferably acoustic trios of quartets. Things change and so do we.

Ric
Have any Patricia Barber??

Skynyrd77

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
lost in my own world
There was definitely turds pressed in the 80s to early 90s but there was also many gems. I can think of many metal lps that the recording quality was breathtaking. Others sound like shit and need to be decompressed
Huey lewis-sports IMO is the best 80's press record I've heard. But I think what he is getting at is how much his musical tastes have changed!! And I can't agree more. IMO a lot of metal was recorded with the car stereo mentality . Like Metallica I love them but I threw on justice the other day and it's all highs!! No way to even compensate it to make it sound good. Same with govt mule stuff sounds great in car on stock radio but can't listen to it on WOPL because it will shear your eardrums from treble. Just my opinion :???::D:director:

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Huey lewis-sports IMO is the best 80's press record I've heard. But I think what he is getting at is how much his musical tastes have changed!! And I can't agree more. IMO a lot of metal was recorded with the car stereo mentality . Like Metallica I love them but I threw on justice the other day and it's all highs!! No way to even compensate it to make it sound good. Same with govt mule stuff sounds great in car on stock radio but can't listen to it on WOPL because it will shear your eardrums from treble. Just my opinion :???::D:director:
A BBE Sonic Maximizer is your best friend in cases like that

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I'm a real fan of the album "Companion" Stuwee turned me on to her a couple years ago and he actually let me and Jan leave the house with his promo copy on CD. I can still remember driving back to Phoenix from Tucson in the Red Convertible Mustang with top down just singing along and getting stared at for 80 miles....like that would stop me or something. The whole album is superb, the covers she does are first rate and has a captivating voice..

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
I'm a real fan of the album "Companion" Stuwee turned me on to her a couple years ago and he actually let me and Jan leave the house with his promo copy on CD. I can still remember driving back to Phoenix from Tucson in the Red Convertible Mustang with top down just singing along and getting stared at for 80 miles....like that would stop me or something. The whole album is superb, the covers she does are first rate and has a captivating voice..
Mustang man eh? On my 4th one. Current cruiser 2006 convertible, done with the GT's though.
Would you like some Mustang music?

Reborn To Run: The 35th Anniversary Of Mustang CD, Box set

Three cd's that came with my '99 GT - be happy to burn them and send you a copy.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Good deal Ric, I just love that CD....that one song about the gal that "Draws her eyeliner with an artisans hand" is a kick in the pants..