really?

mr_rye89

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Lost in the Ozone Again
It bocked at my $50 offer right off the bat. Hmmm.......$50 seems reasonable for "as found" condition IMO. I don't claim to know anything about Phase Linear, but this doesn't exactly scream "WOPL'd" to me........Also I didn't know we had a turd-gen smiley. :iroc: Neat!

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
square body cause I dint want a plastic 4x4
It bocked at my $50 offer right off the bat. Hmmm.......$50 seems reasonable for "as found" condition IMO. I don't claim to know anything about Phase Linear, but this doesn't exactly scream "WOPL'd" to me........Also I didn't know we had a turd-gen smiley. :iroc: Neat!
it does not have to be a turd LS swap it

Last edited:

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
they never do every one thinks they have a gold mine see all the time dose not matter CL market place ebay any other online selling site. also dose not matter what they are selling audio vehicles you name it.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
From the other perspective as a seller, you have to add 20% to your bottom number as your minimum, to cover eBay and PayPal fees.

then you need to add a bit of “meat” which can be trimmed back to your minimum, so the buyer can get a “discount”, unless you run an auction with either you minimum set, or starting at your minimum.

(as a buyer I avoid reserve auctions as I’ve been at the top with a fair offers and seller doesn’t sell. Then the item is relisted at an even higher buy point. Basically trying to inflate the market with a single data point. I don’t even entertain those now, and I also don’t sell with a reserve ever. )

Then, since eBay is the new blue book, everyone outside eBay assumes the asking price is the selling price. So the average gets driven up, even without justification. How many times have you heard “even higher on eBay” or “one just sold on eBay for more” at tag sales etc. “this isn’t eBay.”...

Everything “used to” be obscure, so there wasn’t 13 sellers with Akai tape decks. Therefore you could ask, and maybe get, because there was no reference- supply and demand. But, now any old gear can be had pretty easily, so buyers have choices usually, but at the higher average selling price.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Someone hurry and jump on it....reduced by $500!!!

apparently no takers....go figure...
Museum quality it is not. Transformer back shows it all, nicks and dings on the heatsinks; dust around all the fuseholders. Large washers around the faceplate bolts to cover up probable rack mount scuffing. Really should represent it for what it is.

But on the good side, the shipping has come down too...

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
I’m surprised he put the time in to revise the listing...should have tucked his tail between his legs and took it off. Someone had to have given him some shit.

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
From the other perspective as a seller, you have to add 20% to your bottom number as your minimum, to cover eBay and PayPal fees.

then you need to add a bit of “meat” which can be trimmed back to your minimum, so the buyer can get a “discount”, unless you run an auction with either you minimum set, or starting at your minimum.

(as a buyer I avoid reserve auctions as I’ve been at the top with a fair offers and seller doesn’t sell. Then the item is relisted at an even higher buy point. Basically trying to inflate the market with a single data point. I don’t even entertain those now, and I also don’t sell with a reserve ever. )

Then, since eBay is the new blue book, everyone outside eBay assumes the asking price is the selling price. So the average gets driven up, even without justification. How many times have you heard “even higher on eBay” or “one just sold on eBay for more” at tag sales etc. “this isn’t eBay.”...

Everything “used to” be obscure, so there wasn’t 13 sellers with Akai tape decks. Therefore you could ask, and maybe get, because there was no reference- supply and demand. But, now any old gear can be had pretty easily, so buyers have choices usually, but at the higher average selling price.
you have good points

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
Museum quality it is not. Transformer back shows it all, nicks and dings on the heatsinks; dust around all the fuseholders. Large washers around the faceplate bolts to cover up probable rack mount scuffing. Really should represent it for what it is.

But on the good side, the shipping has come down too...
what I do not understand ho can the seller say it has been serviced when all that has been done was a control cleaning the rest of the amp was not messed with did some one give the seller nos parts from 1970 even then seller could not claim never serviced

J!m

Tagline
BOT
If someone buys it for an unreasonably high price, that becomes the new standard. Only way to get prices down is not to buy it.

I have some things that are not selling, but they just ride. Other things move well. You never know what someone might be looking for. eBay has those metrics, but they don’t share them for some reason.

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
If someone buys it for an unreasonably high price, that becomes the new standard. Only way to get prices down is not to buy it.

I have some things that are not selling, but they just ride. Other things move well. You never know what someone might be looking for. eBay has those metrics, but they don’t share them for some reason.
agree
I understand why 700bs/series iis cost what they do. I know some people do not think much of 400s. I know ebay fees and paypal fees keep going up. just cause something sells for 500 dose some one have the right to ask 1000 where dose reasonable end and greed begin? I know as consumers we can just ignore it and keep looking for what we want some where different.