RCA plugs / contacts

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Fugged if I know, Steve bought a bunch one time I used on all his stuff, I don't remember what series it was Joe..

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Just gigging Lee. Those are the Chinese knock off brands of WBT connectors on Amazon. You have to have a lot of brass to list your knock offs under the WBT name and part number.

At one time, I found the Chinee knock off of the Cardas RCA's but only saw them once, none since. They weren't any cheaper though.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
I know switchcraft are quality. We used them for all the “open” 1/4” jacks in our guitars. I also have one in my WP-2 headphone amp- they just work… forever.

Inhavent used their RCAs but I suspect theyd be fine.

I’ve used Neutrik (Rean) RCA panel jacks in my builds. Those are fine. I haven’t used their cable ends however.

Alex SE

Journeyman
Tagline
Amateur
You are close to Germany, check out WBT...
Have checked yesterday, probably good stuff but not cheap. I mean, we're trying to find a balance. Something that will do a good job, will last over the time and is not Sci-Fi. Such a plugs obviously can't be find for a 1$. At the other side Amphenol seems to be one of those that will do a good job for about 2$/pcs, so 8$/cable + cable itself. Not cheap either considering to how many cables a one need, but can be acceptable as a one time investment.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
If you’re making a lot of cables, check the quantity pricing. Mouser at least lowers the price as you buy more.

And note that some colors cost less than others too. I guess it’s popularity but that’s what I saw. I for some in other colors for digital cable ends.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
I think their rca's are cheesy
Switchcraft is from before the era of cable needing to be jewelry and just does the job. Not a lot of extra metal. The extra metal brand is Canare and Connectronics both available from Markertek. They also have Rean which I have read good things about.

Those two extra metal brands are big connectors.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
If you’re making a lot of cables, check the quantity pricing. Mouser at least lowers the price as you buy more.

And note that some colors cost less than others too. I guess it’s popularity but that’s what I saw. I for some in other colors for digital cable ends.
Hey Jim
Any comment on the differences between the APCL and APCR series of Amphenol RCA plugs? Do you know what the big difference is?