(Possible) score- Pioneer SX-580 receiver

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
I checked the specs on the Wharfdale Diamond III and because the sensitivity is rated at a lowly 86dB (assumed at 1 watt at 1 meter) it would take a lot of power to drive them.

Are you on the hunt for compact nearfield studio monitors?

Nando.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Those mounting brackets are rarer than the speakers themselves…
I bought the brackets to mount them in my car, but my Minimus 7s became my satellite speakers for various home mini-systems throughout the past five decades.

20211010_080321.jpg
20211010_080456.jpg

Nando.

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
Are you on the hunt for compact nearfield studio monitors?

Nando.
Not specifically. I have some dipoles, the NS10s, Polks and the big Kenwood speakers. Plus the Thiels of course.

If something catches my eye and fits my budget I’ll grab it but I’m not actively looking.

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
The guy who owned and ran the studio I used in the 80s and 90s for voice-overs for corporate multi-image slide presentations (remember those?), tracked the voice-over talent on a pair of Minimus-7s. They were just all-around killer little speakers.

And Lee - NS-10s, as Miles has alluded, are used to check the mix just before taking a cassette of the mix out to play on the car cassette deck with the in-dash speaker to see if the mix works in the worst possible scenario... Not unlike how Avantone cubes are used in a studio. Side note, I just checked Vintage King's pro audio website to double check the Avantone name (as Auratone makes a similar cube now) and Avantone is selling a pair of NS-10 knockoffs (CLA-10s) for $700 per pair.

https://vintageking.com/avantone-cla-10-passive-studio-monitors-pair

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
The guy who owned and ran the studio I used in the 80s and 90s for voice-overs for corporate multi-image slide presentations (remember those?), tracked the voice-over talent on a pair of Minimus-7s. They were just all-around killer little speakers.

And Lee - NS-10s, as Miles has alluded, are used to check the mix just before taking a cassette of the mix out to play on the car cassette deck with the in-dash speaker to see if the mix works in the worst possible scenario... Not unlike how Avantone cubes are used in a studio. Side note, I just checked Vintage King's pro audio website to double check the Avantone name (as Auratone makes a similar cube now) and Avantone is selling a pair of NS-10 knockoffs (CLA-10s) for $700 per pair.

https://vintageking.com/avantone-cla-10-passive-studio-monitors-pair
Thanks Bob..

Elite-ist

Staff member
Sad to hear he's not working. Well-worth the $50. I never argue a good price when I see it. But, there are others out there who have no qualms about chiseling the price down. That's when the seller needs to respond by doubling the price.

Nando.

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
had a friend who had a body shop also repaired and sold cars he would pick up and anytime someone would try to get something for less he'd tack on a couple hundred or more to the price. He did ok with it.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
I’ve said “no” in the past.

If I say the price is firm, that does not mean I wish to haggle.

“sorry, no longer available to you.”

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Sorry, Jim - it appears this thread has taken a diversion to a pro-Realistic exit.

View attachment 55045

Miles: I have my original pair of Minimus 7s with mounting brackets (unused) and have a second pair (White) for component testing purposes.

Nando.
I remember folks mounting those in their car with those same brackets in the back window.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Not specifically. I have some dipoles, the NS10s, Polks and the big Kenwood speakers. Plus the Thiels of course.

If something catches my eye and fits my budget I’ll grab it but I’m not actively looking.
Plus the Thiels of course. Yes ! One day...