PL400 II Chassis Spare Parts

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
Very nice, yep that'll be number one on my list of parts to build the 400 up.

George S.

Veteran and General Yakker
Hmmm, lots of extra screw holes on the left side chassis wall. At first I thought for terminal strips, but the layout looks weird. I don't know. Hopefully they're there for some big improvement.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Hmmm, lots of extra screw holes on the left side chassis wall. At first I thought for terminal strips, but the layout looks weird. I don't know. Hopefully they're there for some big improvement.
I have to be sympathetic to the needs of the 4 fin owners out there that don't have a die cast cradle on the transformer to mount the bridge rectifier and bulk capacitors...some of the holes are needed to support that.

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
I have to be sympathetic to the needs of the 4 fin owners out there that don't have a die cast cradle on the transformer to mount the bridge rectifier and bulk capacitors...some of the holes are needed to support that.
And the original 400 meters won’t be so close to the filters- looks a bit deeper.

George S.

So, screw holes on the left wall for the non cast cradle units. Still trying to figure out what the extra holes on the left wall are for. The elongated holes are obviously for the S2 intermediate plate that mounts the digital meters. Seems like way too many holes.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
How big are the caps Joe?
Hi Lee, the design accommodates up to 2" caps if user desired. The samples I put into this photo are 20KuF/100V Kemet caps 50mm x 105mm. If you look hard enough, you may find caps slightly larger than 20KuF from reliable manufacturers. It also accommodates the normal 40mm x 105mm 15KuF/100V caps either transformer cradle mounted or chassis wall mounted with band clamps depending on what generation of original PL transformer you are dealing with.

The extra depth provides the flexibility to allow this degree of customer choice. This is the culmination of all the customer input I have accumulated through the years.