PL14_20 RevE6 versus PL14_20 RevG1 Dual Mono?

TravK

New Around These Parts
Apologies, as I figure this has probably been addressed elsewhere, but I'm curious about the differences between E6 and G1. Perhaps there are release notes for the two that are available for compare and contrast? Thanks all!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Coontact Gepetto, he can e-mail those for ya...

Basically the G board is dual mono, having separate power supplies and and totally separate circuitry.

The E 6 variant does share power supplies...

TravK

New Around These Parts
Appreciate the detail in these notes, fwiw. I sort of geek out on this sort of thing (I work construction in an industrial setting, and not having details on the latest revision to plans has bitten me in the ass before).

Last edited:

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Appreciate the detail in these notes, fwiw. I sort of geek out on this sort of thing (I work construction in an industrial setting, and not not having details on the latest revision to plans has bitten me in the ass before).
The geek here appreciates that comment :)

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Perry and some dear friends kicked in and built me a top tier Clair Brothers chassis 700 series 2 which sports the G1 board and everything thing else latest goodies even down to silver wiring. I run a dual mono Class A preamp so it just makes an already amazingly great thing even better. Zero crosstalk, no noise literally a black hole, seemingly infinite power at my finger tips until the 400w's the D9s will give me run out of power handling then I back off a hair and just still sit stupefied by what I am hearing. Bass that will shake your soul. Highs and mids that sing like a seasoned choir. Just ask a few guys like Dan who have been to my house and handed over control. Do you need it? If you run a dial mono preamp then I would say yes. Regardless, the separation of channels makes the Soundstage even more apparent

If I were to add anything else to this point, I woukd not know what I was talking about as I am no techno geek. Perry and the others are the Pros, i am just a set of happy ears

J!m

Tagline
BOT
The only thing to add is a second amp and run full dual mono. That made a huge improvement for me, plus having the amps right next to each speaker with the shortest possible speaker cable, to help the amp control the cones (increased damping factor).

All good!

(But I don't use Phase Linear amplifiers)

mlucitt

The only thing to add is a second amp and run full dual mono. That made a huge improvement for me, plus having the amps right next to each speaker with the shortest possible speaker cable, to help the amp control the cones (increased damping factor).

All good!

(But I don't use Phase Linear amplifiers)
Jim, you are missing out on a bucket list item if you don't hear the WOPL at Mach 10 at least once in your life. Seriously, they are that good.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
If I get the opportunity to hear a WOPL I will. I don’t know anyone near me with one.