PL D500

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
It may be just an alignment issue and not the LED or the drivers at all. The more I look at it, the more it looks as if the number plate is shifted to the left.

One of the reasons I was looking for an updated schematic is this amp will turn-on normally, but once it has warmed up for 10 min or more and I turn it off, then attempt to turn it back on all it does is hum. It has to cool for about a half hour then to will turn on normally. At least until it heats back up.

The number plates can't shift. They sit on posts with nylon inserts. Unless there are parts missing. Let me know, I have some meter mount parts.

THD+N

Journeyman
Wanted to revive an old thread, hope you guys OK with it.

Thanks THD+N for the updated Schematics for the D500. Appreciate the hard work.

But I have to ask, since I wanted to work on my LED meters over the next few weeks.

Did you ever finish your updated rendition of the LED meter control section??

Carl
Carl,
I have not redrawn any other sections of the D500 yet.

Nick

vmaxman

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Phase linear d500

I have the amp with a service technician that states the amp is now working n both channels however one of the gain LED gain sections is not working. It will not move at all when gain knob is turned. He states the schematic only shows 2 IC's but there are 4 on the LED board. Any ideas how I might approach diagnosing it? thanks

vmaxman

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Phase linear d500

My technician has repaired both channels now however one LED gain section is not working. Any ideas?

vmaxman

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Phase linear d500

My service tech was able to get both channels operating however the LED gain lights do not move when knob is rotated. Ideas?

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
First thing to check are the signal feed to the meter. These come from the rear big relay. That wire may be broke three or at the mutipin on the meter board in the middle. Check the appproperate meter board terminal pin with a volt meter while running that channel with a signal tone. If you have voltage them we need to go further into this.