PL-400 DCP and WO light board

AngrySailor

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---not quite right
That's pretty dsmn high. Where are you checking that?
Base to emitter right? Speaker lubricant application started in the past hour, it hasn’t burst into flames yet so I’ll probaly keep my hands in my pockets for the rest of the night...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
There is a 10 ohm resistor from base buss bar to emitter. Go on the common tie point of the emitter resistors..

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Ok. She’s pretty warm after an hour of ~50w output... too warm. I’ll dig tomorrow.

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
If I’m checking the bias right, base to the common emmiter terminal after the the emitter resistors, I’m getting 14mv right and 570mv left...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
There are 4 bias resistors on the back wall. One on each. Column. Make sure it's not in the first row. Rows go left,right, columns up and down. I usually just measure both sides of the 10 ohm bias resistor. The column closest to the transformer is #1. We are concerned with columns 1 and 3.

Last edited:

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Ok, got the PL 4000 hooked to Linda. I can crank the volume up on the pre amp all the way and can’t deive the amp anywhere near full. I am in the process of returning a China pre amp I bought as a fill in as it wouldn’t light Linda up either. Now it had some issues which makes me think it’s knackered, crosses inputs and cross talk... it also had less output than my iPod straight into the amp. The PL 4000 is better, but can’t drive the amp to anywhere near max power. Ideas?

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Input sensitivity is 1.75 volts input for full output. For a 700 anyway, a 400 is close to that.