PL-400 DCP and WO light board

AngrySailor

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---not quite right
Yes, if you leave the jumper in position 2-3 and resistors uninstalled, it is stock.
Hardware store closed or I was going to pick up a socket and plug ends... had to MacGuyver it for today.

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Nice job on the light board Joe, it fit like a glove! And thank you Lee, same with the DCP, easy install. Linda and I appreciate the other goodies you sent along also!

I guess I’ll hook her up temporarily in the house, I have some vintage Sansui speakers and a pre amp I can use for now until I finish the big build and the new entertainment Center.

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Hooked up my sine generator. I’ll need to feed it through a pre amp. I can only get ~30vac with out more input.

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Did you change resistors on the DCP?
Yessir, resistors changed.

I was only able to get ~33vac with my generator straight in. And I can only get down to 20hz... not sure that will trip the DCP?

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Never thought I’d take a die grinder to a PL but I just did. Tapped the rack handle holes 1/4-20 because a new hole was easier to find than new bolts... all buttoned up. If you wanted to get right fussy, you can see a little of the old holes underneath the rack handles... I could make a trim piece to go between the face plate and handles to finish it perfect. Maybe some day. You really have to look from the right angle to see it.

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
DCP shouldnt trip it till 5hz or so, or a really big peak at 10 hz or so.
I'm diggin the rack handles on the 400!!

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right

Get it before YouTube Copy right strikes it! No pre amp, POS doesn’t want to work.

Last edited:

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Ahhh....she's an 8 finner...sounding good..
Need some tone control... she’s a little middy without a pre amp. She’s quiet with no input. Sounds balanced. Meters swinging pretty even. Yeah they’re mostly eye candy but damn they’re sexy!

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Fack, I meant to do that while her top was down... I’m new to this amplifier stuff so go easy on me... I’ll pull the cover and check. She’s running cool for last 45mins. Last time I had a bias problem things got toasty fast!