PL 1200 RTA microphone

DJWorm

New Around These Parts
I have a Phase Linear 1200 RTA in my system but do not have the factory microphone. i would like to have an original but I doubt an original can be found.
Nor can I find the specs on the original. Can anyone access the original microphone specs and/or suggest a replacement? Thanks!

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
any good condenser mic should work. DBX has a real good one that are cheap on eBay. It will be far superior to the original PL mic

dbx A-256 RTA-M Electret Condenser Real Time Analyzer Microphone

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
The original RTA 1200 mic had a horrible frequency response in some areas of the spectrum. A lot of compensation had to be done. And that is what the 1200 is going to do, follow the response curve programmed into it...

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
The original RTA 1200 mic had a horrible frequency response in some areas of the spectrum. A lot of compensation had to be done. And that is what the 1200 is going to do, follow the response curve programmed into it...
Lee I did not concider the internal changes with my suggestion

that said the RTA 1200 may be just eye candy from now on as you can buy a whole DBX setup for around $300 and get full control from your phone , iPad or tablet with adjustment out the wazoo

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Lee I did not concider the internal changes with my suggestion

that said the RTA 1200 may be just eye candy from now on as you can buy a whole DBX setup for around $300 and get full control from your phone , iPad or tablet with adjustment out the wazoo
Yep. Although there is value in probably having the 1200 with the rightmic... somewhat rarenow...