Pioneer Sweetie

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Miles: Look at those Teacs. I think there were a few other manufacturers out there that rebadged the Realistics. I have Audiosonics which look to me to be knock-offs of the 7s, too.

Nando.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Wow Miles, those pictures could have been in a promotional brochure featuring that receiver. The Akai/Pioneer speaker adaptors can be difficult to find if they are missing from the back panel. Most times, the receiver comes without them. It sure cleaned up nicely!

Nando.

Miracle Mile

Veteran and General Yakker
Wow Miles, those pictures could have been in a promotional brochure featuring that receiver. The Akai/Pioneer speaker adaptors can be difficult to find if they are missing from the back panel. Most times, the receiver comes without them. It sure cleaned up nicely!

Nando.
I know Nando, the only thing that's missing at this point is it's original box and manual....

Although it maybe is a "simple" receiver, I love it in every way.
It's probably one of the nicest things I found in a thriftstore ever.

Robroy

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
These little receivers were a bargain looking at my old stereo magazine ads. But, I can imagine when you had a taste of the small wattage receivers, you were looking to upgrade to the bigger ones, all the way up to the top of the line. Did you sell many of the bigger Pioneer receivers such as SX-10XX, SX-12XX?

Nando.
Yes, but once we got into that price range, we started talking separates. The first "monster" receiver I ever met was the Pioneer SX 1010. Meanwhile, a friend of mine has a Hitachi SR-2004. It's sort of the same amp as my HMA-8300 separate amp (that I threw away in 2000 when one channel went dead. :( )

It is the receiver I covet, not least for its looks...

Elite-ist

Staff member
Wow, not a receiver I have heard much about, possibly because not many were produced I am guessing. Is that a picture of your friend's Hitachi SR-2004? If so, pass on my compliments to him. I love big vintage receivers!

Nando.

Robroy

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Wow, not a receiver I have heard much about, possibly because not many were produced I am guessing. Is that a picture of your friend's Hitachi SR-2004? If so, pass on my compliments to him. I love big vintage receivers!

Nando.
It's not his, but is in the same condition. I moved to KY from Seattle and he's one of the ones I don't keep in touch with. When friends wives don't get along, well...

Robroy

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
These little receivers were a bargain looking at my old stereo magazine ads. But, I can imagine when you had a taste of the small wattage receivers, you were looking to upgrade to the bigger ones, all the way up to the top of the line. Did you sell many of the bigger Pioneer receivers such as SX-10XX, SX-12XX?

Nando.
Not a lot, but a few.

Frankly, I'm one of those that believes that the "big stuff" (including separates) was produced mainly to add clout to the company so they could sell lots of the less expensive, but more profitable stuff. I had a great stereo because as a salesman I got 50% off everything. And I don't mean off an inflated retail price, but off the price the customers actually paid.

Miracle Mile

Nevertheless:

I'm enjoying this Sweetie everyday! It is placed in our kitchen and is a pleasure to listen to when cooking.

Picture from an 1972 brochure:

Miracle Mile

Back into daily service....

I've never enjoyed a thrifstore find so much as with this one......

:thumbup:

Last edited:

BubbaH

Tagline
---
My daughters use a 636 in their bedroom with an old set of realistic indoor outdoor speakers. Pretty reliable little units.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Your cupboard makes for a nice cubby hole for your Pioneer receiver and Minimus 7 speakers, Miles. Are you listening to a few radio stations while in the kitchen?

Nando.