Pioneer CTF-1250

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Just talked to Chris on the phone, very nice guy! Hoping the deck is still available but won't know until this weekend but I am stoked at the price he told me. I can work with it!! Nando, from what he told me on the phone, he has one HELLUVA Pioneer system LOL. He mentioned he had a whole rack of SAE stuff also he plans to move

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Most of that Pioneer stuff rebuilt by your's truly.... Told ya it was very affordable...

Northwinds

Tagline
Man, all that SPEC stuff WOW. Looks like you guys have close to the same systems LOL

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Here's a little video clip of me playing Ben's (BubbaH) Blues mix tape he recorded for me some time ago. Playback on Pioneer CT-F1250:

Click on image to play video:

Nando.

Last edited:

Northwinds

Tagline
Who is the guru here for these things. I probably would not even attempt the belts on this and I know it probably needs to be speed calibrated and gone over anyway. I'd rather have someone with the experience handle it if I am lucky enough to get it. Fingers crossed!

Elite-ist

Staff member
He's a busy guy and his expertise is Nakamichi decks, but Perry would be my first choice. He is in Richmond, VA.

Nando.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
An untouched Pioneer SX-1980 for $2000 - I haven't checked what the going prices are - glad I got mine when I did. I would be interested to see what other goodies Chris finds from his contact.

Nando.
He's got a couple of basements full of stuff. I'll post some pics.

Northwinds

Tagline
Says about an hour to do the belts on these if you know what your doing. I watched a few vids... still would not be comfortable doing it. Looked at the TapeHeads thread for the job. Stills are maddening as they only tell half the story LOL

Northwinds

Tagline
That SAE rack is quite impressive. There was a dude on AK selling a SAE rack for $650 here in CT (only one of the power amps was included in his rig) about 6 months ago. Nice looking equipment indeed

Elite-ist

Staff member
Thanks for the pictures, Lee. I think the SAE line was one, as a young adult reading through stereo magazines, I would have thought to assemble for a system. I don't find much SAE gear popping up, locally, so that's why I haven't pursued getting too involved with that idea. I have no doubt the owner, of the gear pictured, has some good components.

Nando.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I don't believe he collects junk. All the pieces I've worked on are mint or real close to it. Makes me nervous working on it, don't want to F*&^ it up.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Lee: Does he have any Pioneer Spec rack handles to sell? I wouldn't mind having another pair to mount to the sides of my Pioneer CT-F1250 cassette deck. I have them on my CT-F1000.

Nando.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
He bought a set just a couple weeks ago himself for the same thing, his 1250. So, no extra Nando.

Elite-ist

Staff member
No problem. We both have similar tastes. I do have a new (still in the factory craft paper) Pioneer JAR-101 rack mount kit for the Pioneer tuner and equalizer and the box of factory mounting hardware for a complete Pioneer rack mount set of components.

Nando.