Pioneer CTF-1250

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Sopmebody here has been looking for a 1250 for quite awhile, can't remember who it is?? Pur-Brew Joe or whoi?? Help me out here people....

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
It's a 900 here and did you see the Heil AMTs I sent you a link to?

Damn it you coulda had the entire TEMPESTS here for the price of one and took a bus to Chaska.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Steve, I have the partners 950 for you, just have to go pick it up. Don't heed the Heils now.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
You're welcome, Lee. Have you got a line on one?

Nando.

orange

Tagline
I need to get out of this house for 3-4 hours and ain't happening. At least the Chicken Helper Cheesy Enchilada works okay with tuna and kindey beans. Spots is getting thin again and I can't do enough about it, Spot seems to have disappeared, scrawny little Bunny is there sitting outside when it's not too snowy and I want something with a chest to talk to me and tell me I sing good.

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
You can put me in lne, my CT-F700 needs a ton of work, more then it's worth. My a/d/c C2/3 is acting up again also. Can't play the tapes Doug sent me, don't want to risk them getting eaten

Elite-ist

Staff member
I'm into mint, but Ron can get first dibs on buying it, should you decide to sell it.

Nando.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Not mine to sell. Chris in Ft. Dodge will pick it up next Saturday. Ron PM me and I'll give you his phone number.

orange

Tagline
Going to karaoke after all (not California, so no aching in my heart)

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
I'm into mint, but Ron can get first dibs on buying it, should you decide to sell it.

Nando.
Nando, I just want a big Pioneer silver deck w/ the flouro display that will work when I need it to. I had a 950 many years ago and I loved the damn thing. I was proud to own it right up until it stopped working (display just went dark and it started eating tapes left and right). I think I paid $80 for it from a pawn shop on Monroe Ave in Rochester, NY back in the mid 90s. What a wonderful piece of equipment. I probably can't afford the thing but I would love to try to. Can't hurt to ask what he will be looking for

EDIT: I would be just as happy to find an affordable 950, would look awesome with the WOPL's

Last edited:

Elite-ist

Staff member
Ron: My first CT-F series cassette deck was a Pioneer CT-F950. It sat on display in an electronics sales and service store for at least two months before I bought it for $225. It was completely serviced and was traded in by the original owner towards another deck purchased there. After that, I began frequenting the store more often and bought a few more components from there. The store (Soundcraft) closed its doors because the owner, Benny, retired. It was sad to see another factory technician, who could work on old and new components, put away the soldering iron.

I picked up a second CT-F950 for $20 on a tip from a friend who checks out the Recycle-It centre where he lives 30 miles north of me. All he said was " It's silver, it's big and it's a Pioneer."

Nando.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Ron, I think you'll find this one most affordable.. The same guy that has this had a very mint 909, Chris has been looking for a good =one of those for a few years, and where he got these the guy has a lot more components. He has a 1980 that is untouched but he knows what it's worth. He wants 2K for it. Chris will have a lot more info on oter goodies next weekend.

orange

Tagline
I have a big RTR acquisition coming, one of my life's goals, but it isn't a Pioneer, that is the last goal I have left at this time for reel to reels. For now it is a secret but it will be easily achieved and marvelous.

Elite-ist

Staff member
An untouched Pioneer SX-1980 for $2000 - I haven't checked what the going prices are - glad I got mine when I did. I would be interested to see what other goodies Chris finds from his contact.

Nando.