phase linear 400

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
No scolding. You'll finger it out, or not, then have 2 boat anchors, one for the front and one for the rear. Then you'll buy one done and go....... DAYAM, why did I wait so long.

gene french

guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
wow....i feel better....good to see you back on the horse!!!!

you had me worried for a bit there!!!!

a man cant have enough boat anchors....
anyway....the second on i was bidding on....got too expensive....it was really beat up....
and past more than i want to spend....

i will continue my quest!!!!

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast

anyway....the second on i was bidding on....got too expensive....it was really beat up....

Be patient, your prince will come along...

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
The cost adds up. I tried one time to cut costs and by the time I got done saving $500, it costs me $1000

On your quest, don't get run over by the big dung ball like the one that chased Indiana Jones in the temple of busted Phase Linear's.

When you consider that a WOPL, built by one of the pro's here, may cost you $1500-$2500, it will last you the rest of your life. Now THAT, my friend, is a bargain.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it

I was helping my kids with a couple flips and have been up to my butt filling a dumpster or two. Some people are sows....... The one yesterday and today was a stinkin mess from the hoarder owners. I have however, scored several 1 year old lawn mowers, several snow blowers, and a nice mobility 4 wheel scooter. Sherry listed them after I cleaned them up and made a tidy sum. I've chucked 100 shovels/rakes and axes (no blood), but have found some awesome scores. Like the change jar with $125 in it, AND I get paid to do it................ If I find a WOPL, I will send it to you. Promise

gene french

Tagline
The cost adds up. I tried one time to cut costs and by the time I got done saving $500, it costs me $1000

On your quest, don't get run over by the big dung ball like the one that chased Indiana Jones in the temple of busted Phase Linear's.

When you consider that a WOPL, built by one of the pro's here, may cost you $1500-$2500, it will last you the rest of your life. Now THAT, my friend, is a bargain.

you have a valid point...and that may be the ticket for the majority of people....i really cant speak for others...

however, i like the feeling of accomplishment using something i created/refurbished with my own hands....whether it was recovering my own airplane, designing and building my water treatment plant that waters our garden, pumping water from a hydraulic ram pump, growing tilapia, and of course ....lots of projects....always a project....

i may not be the electronics tech that a lot of you are here....as i have been informed....but, i am richer for my experiences...

and , i dont discourage or give up easily....

that is what i have dedicated the last 16 years of my retirement to....projects!!!!

with a notebook full of other ideas....if i survive a few more years....time for more projects!!!!
lol....

thanks to all that have contributed to help me along....i do appreciate the help....
and the sharing your gifts of experience and knowledge....

it dont come easy....and i respect that....

gene french

Tagline
I was helping my kids with a couple flips and have been up to my butt filling a dumpster or two. Some people are sows....... The one yesterday and today was a stinkin mess from the hoarder owners. I have however, scored several 1 year old lawn mowers, several snow blowers, and a nice mobility 4 wheel scooter. Sherry listed them after I cleaned them up and made a tidy sum. I've chucked 100 shovels/rakes and axes (no blood), but have found some awesome scores. Like the change jar with $125 in it, AND I get paid to do it................ If I find a WOPL, I will send it to you. Promise
congratulations!!!!
sounds great, doing what you like, being able to help others, and go to the bank at the same time...nice job!!
life can be so wonderful !!!!
thanks for your joking and keeping me on my toes!!!
take care....
ps...
i will send the address ....lol
just got two schiit preamps and no 400 to plug them into....
well, it will work on the 200 until i get done with big brother!!!!
would love to collect enough parts to start a wopl....

lol

gene

gene french

Tagline
good morning guys....
hope all is well....
things are greening up nicely....temps moderated....
i love the rainy season...but, it does do a number on the roads....
one year we had to walk the 1k from the paved road to the house...the 4x4 couldnt make it...
1651760869965.png

how is the salvage hunt going....sniff...
i love doing that...
"one mans garbage is another mans treasure"
that one kinda fits....lol
take care guys....
i did check all 4 variable pots...they all function....i will clean them again...and continue my search for whatever is holding me down/up...
thanks to all

gene french

Tagline
Consider testing the amp without the DCP, it's IC may be blown.
would that entail just disconnecting the two gray input wires....???
or do i need to disconnect j3 also??
i am super vigilant now...
but, i do have b- on j1 1 and b+ on j2 1 which are the outputs...
i thiink that would be a problem too...
i have tested every trace and every solder joint on the board...i only found that one solder joint visible bad...the r16 i believe....
i tested every resistor in left channel against it counter part in right channel for resistance...both were consistent with no shorts or opens...
i tested every transistor in circuit....and against each other in the left/right banks....
its ok...i am not frustrated....just trying to pay attention and not blow up more stuff...
lol...
thanks george...i appreciate your concern and advice!!!!

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
good morning guys....
hope all is well....
things are greening up nicely....temps moderated....
i love the rainy season...but, it does do a number on the roads....
one year we had to walk the 1k from the paved road to the house...the 4x4 couldnt make it...
View attachment 65322

how is the salvage hunt going....sniff...
i love doing that...
"one mans garbage is another mans treasure"
that one kinda fits....lol
take care guys....
i did check all 4 variable pots...they all function....i will clean them again...and continue my search for whatever is holding me down/up...
thanks to all

I don't go out salvage hunting, I don't have the room for a bunch of crap but I do take the lawnmowers and such as they turn over VERY fast. We used to call the donation places so people in need could benefit but you have to make an appointment with them to come out and that could take weeks. We don't have the luxury of the time NOR the place to put the stuff to be able to utilize them. So, we get a couple 30-40 yd dumpsters and load them till full and call the truck to drop another if needed. Since my son in law just bought a lake house, I cleaned and tuned a nice Craftsman rider to help make quick work of the mowing (he's on an acre). I took my trailer and picked that one up from another house they bought to flip. That and the 4 wheel mobility scooter. I just had to buy the $23 battery charger for the scooter and that will go up for sale later today along with a nice self propelled craftsman mower. I get free gas and oil too which I use to tune these machines up. Cha-Ching.............

Man, if I was a few years younger, I'd get a big storage unit and fix, tune/repair this stuff and make a killing.

This is the Kid's business.

https://www.trueneighbor.com/?utm_s...BsDtocGuE8INfbd1q8TOd8_pkdC2AGKBoChNcQAvD_BwE

Last edited:

ABebar

Journeyman
That's basically what I wanted to do in my 20's! I bought two houses, fixed up and rented one and lived in another. I had one bad renter and everything kinda fell apart. Fix and flip is apparently a better option than hold and rent.

gene french

Tagline
I don't go out salvage hunting, I don't have the room for a bunch of crap but I do take the lawnmowers and such as they turn over VERY fast. We used to call the donation places so people in need could benefit but you have to make an appointment with them to come out and that could take weeks. We don't have the luxury of the time NOR the place to put the stuff to be able to utilize them. So, we get a couple 30-40 yd dumpsters and load them till full and call the truck to drop another if needed. Since my son in law just bought a lake house, I cleaned and tuned a nice Craftsman rider to help make quick work of the mowing (he's on an acre). I took my trailer and picked that one up from another house they bought to flip. That and the 4 wheel mobility scooter. I just had to but the $23 battery charger for the scooter and that will go up for sale later today along with a nice self propelled craftsman mower. I get free gas and oil too which I use to tune these machines up. Cha-Ching.............

Man, if I was a few years younger, I'd get a big storage unit and fix, tune/repair this stuff and make a killing.

This is the Kid's business.

https://www.trueneighbor.com/?utm_s...BsDtocGuE8INfbd1q8TOd8_pkdC2AGKBoChNcQAvD_BwE
he seems to be doing well for himself...congratulations....
i do love scrounging...and i hate throwing stuff away....but, one must in order not to be sleeping on top of a pile of cr*p....
here you dont just throw stuff away...almost everything has salvage possibilities and the lack of reliable supply and unavailability of parts....it is a necessity .... had a good friend that got rich literally, salvaging appliances....mostly washers and dryers...hard working honest family....
as you...when i throw something away....its only good for scrap metal...and a man comes by to buy that....jerry saves it up for him....and we dont take any money....our good deed for the day....lol
but, tell you the truth...i love my lifestyle....i feel blessed....and i have grown to become much more patient....
trying to break that right here, right now mold...lol
but, thats another story for another day!!!!
take care sniff....take care gang!!!!