phase linear 400

gene french

Veteran and General Yakker
guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
mr. laatsch called it exactly, emitter resistors and low ohm resistors, in a previous post...but was surprised at the dcp chip blowing its lid too....the fuses were purchased from mr. joe a while back...
nothing in control board was damaged...nor right channel...and both b+ and b- fuses blew originally...upon replacement b+ did not blow a second time...b- did...have not played repaired unit long as i have no speaker protect board and only one spare junk speaker left...to test with...this has been running daily for a couple of years...was 1st wopl and first dcp board as well...used daily....and played loud...at times...

gene french

Tagline
Gene,
If you need a new PL400 DCP "U1" IC SIP Chip P/N C1237HA, let me know. They can be hard to find, but I have 8 of them.
wow, how thoughtful...good to know!!!
however, mr don has me covered!!!

you all are such good guys!!!
thank you !!!!

mr. don...i see you worked at dresser industries in early 80s...there is/was a dresser industries around alexandria, louisiana. .
This division was in Columbus, Ohio. They made underground coal mining machines. I worked in engineering and occasionally went out in the field. The last mine I went to, the face was 5 miles underground.

Coal mines leave pillars of coal 10 feet square to help hold the roof up. You can only go so far underground and then retreat. Since miners get paid by the ton, they rob the pillars on the way out and then run like hell when the roof starts to come down. That's when I got out.

gene french

Tagline
This division was in Columbus, Ohio. They made underground coal mining machines. I worked in engineering and occasionally went out in the field. The last mine I went to, the face was 5 miles underground.

Coal mines leave pillars of coal 10 feet square to help hold the roof up. You can only go so far underground and then retreat. Since miners get paid by the ton, they rob the pillars on the way out and then run like hell when the roof starts to come down. That's when I got out.
i bet its really dark and silent that far down....

J!m

Tagline
BOT
I was in a salt mine in Germany (the one they hid all the art in) and they have concerts down there... absolutely massive main room- probably 4-5 stories high area of a few football fields.

The actual "vault" has a WW-II display set up in there that's pretty cool.