phase linear 400

gene french

Veteran and General Yakker
guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
i have 2 full comp 400s
and 2 quasi comp 400s
one of the latter has a base row of 410s and 12 mj..96s..(quasi 1)
the other quasi has whatever it came with...(quasi 2)
should i pull 2 410s from quasi 1 and replace with 2 more mj..96s and put those 410s in quasi 2 along with 14 new mu..96s...
any advantage to doing that??
when/if i convert to full comp...i would only need the mj..95s as not to be wasteful...
would the machine sound better and/or improve in reliability...
or better to address this when/if i have issues related to quasi point to point outputs???
i do have 2 spares..
and would have reaction time...

gene french

Tagline
i am really impressed with the voigt pipes...
they add such presence and fullness to tge audio...you can really tell...the are driven through a dh110 through dh160 eq ....
the drivers are 8" full range...30 to 20k...
really sound great!!!
good morning phoenix...

Sunnbobb

Journeyman
Tagline
Bikes, baseball and big amps.
i am really impressed with the voigt pipes...
they add such presence and fullness to tge audio...you can really tell...the are driven through a dh110 through dh160 eq ....
the drivers are 8" full range...30 to 20k...
really sound great!!!
good morning phoenix...
Pictures or it didn't happen! LOL

ABebar

Journeyman
In other news, I'm getting static on my right channel again on Valerie (full comp WOPL 400). It happened about a year ago and I was able to clear it up by touching up the solder joints on the backplane board. It was performing flawlessly ever since until last night. Listening at moderate volume for hours and over a ten minute period the static started creeping up on the right channel to the point that it is not listenable. This is very upsetting especially since I haven't looked any further on my stock PL400 issue.

Does anyone want to take my money and give me a fully built 400 backplane set and dual mono control board?? I need to get one of these back up ASAP in order to maintain my sanity. For bonus points (and dollars) I can send out my current backplane set to see if someone can find my critical flaw(s). Any takers?

ABebar

Journeyman
I just wish I had the time and patience to do it myself, but apparently I don't. My incoming projects pile is FAR exceeding my completed pile. Really frustrating when items in my completed pile revert back to my incoming projects.

ABebar

Journeyman
I emailed him after my post here.

Thinking I can swap out the backplane boards on my Valerie (full comp WOPL 400) to resolve the static issue, send out or rework that set to pair with a new control board and new output transistors into the stock PL400 that is currently passing DC. Should end up with two fully functional full comps.

gene french

Tagline
how about searches for other past presidents...
that seems fair....
hmmm.....
seems only the donald is not there...
of course, that cant be bias, culture canceling, misinformation...nooo...not google...

Attachments

NavLinear

I think your phone is biased Gene. I entered President Donald on my iPhone and my desktop and had the same result - Donald's mug was plastered all over the screen. :oops: