phase linear 400

gene french

Veteran and General Yakker
guayabo de bagaces, guanacaste, costa rica....
Tagline
music...the healer of souls...
you should have about 57v ac at tha ac connectors of bridge rectifier
14a , yea left is being a butt head. no fuses blowing (yet) . dbtester ? light bulb? dimmed after start i payed all my attention to right side durning this rebuild , oh my , ill have as much in this board as a new W.O. board with terminals heck with those wires (fine for assem & go) not for the novice trouble shooter as i am.
all i need is two 410's and i could throw all the xpl909s and 410s back in , it was my fault they went out anyhow dam meter lead...
be careful how much you torque dow output screws ...too much will give problems...dont over torque

ABebar

Journeyman
Hey! I disappear for a year and come back and Gene is the one giving advice now! That's awesome. I have still not started my WOPL 700... Too many other projects in queue and I've been too satisfied with the 400 to get the upgrade itch yet.
I saw one of Perry's 700s2 builds on eBay and it made me want to check in here... Great forum for sure.

gene french

Tagline
the ps cap upgrade will make a noticable difference in the bass...
made a world of difference in the haflers too!!!
i have a 200 s1 that i recapped...then one day one meter pegged.....was advised here that is best to let it go peacefully to that studio in the sky.....
i might one day fix it... just to see if i can...
enjoy....

gene french

Tagline
got the lights on the spare 400 installed and set to match....only have the wopl that i put digital meters on...in case i need to go back...
leaves me with a spare set of meters and spare face plate and a spare set of lenses...though dark...

Attachments

GaryCooper

Journeyman
Tagline
X usaf electronic tech.
got the lights on the spare 400 installed and set to match....only have the wopl that i put digital meters on...in case i need to go back...
leaves me with a spare set of meters and spare face plate and a spare set of lenses...though dark...
Look good much better than the dim lite original.
I'm doing a one off on mine found me some bright LEDs mounting on fiberglass board taking 6.5vac through bridge got 8.5 vdc now need to drop it down to 3.4 thinking about resistors tap between the two all mockup right now will post my results , remember mine was old fuse bulbs nov 72 model lol.

gene french

Tagline
Look good much better than the dim lite original.
I'm doing a one off on mine found me some bright LEDs mounting on fiberglass board taking 6.5vac through bridge got 8.5 vdc now need to drop it down to 3.4 thinking about resistors tap between the two all mockup right now will post my results , remember mine was old fuse bulbs nov 72 model lol.
i used white oaks led boards that i had bought previously....removed the leds and wired in the led filaments...much brighter and adjustable...
i have one more set but without white oak board...
might give that a shot...may take a bit of experimenting to get brightness equal...
i have spares...not high on my list...

GaryCooper

Journeyman
Tagline
X usaf electronic tech.
i used white oaks led boards that i had bought previously....removed the leds and wired in the led filaments...much brighter and adjustable...
i have one more set but without white oak board...
might give that a shot...may take a bit of experimenting to get brightness equal...
i have spares...not high on my list...
IMG_20230607_185148075_HDR.jpg

Removed all lighting