phase linear 400 voltages change

Tagline
---
Just bought a power amplifier with dual primary voltage on it but I'm not a electrician so i need help from expert here to solve a problem out. I got a schematics services manual but still not sure how to change a voltage line follow by a schematics. I got a current PL400 and compare to this new power amplifiers PL400 . I can see a big difference between both of them.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Are both of them dual voltage??? And we're gonna need some pics, do round up a camera and learn how to post a pic.

Tagline
---
Hi lee , i just take a photo inside a Power amplifier 400 . I think it's have been modify on it that's why i need help to change the voltage line to use on 220v

20150916_185107.jpg 20150916_185127.jpg 20150916_185133.jpg

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Early series one. Most likely a 4 finner..I don't believe that's a dual voltage transformer.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
On the,early ones where there was no end bell on the transformer the BR's went on the side..

Tagline
---
My native language is Vietnamese . You are right lee. This amplifier is series one but a serial number on a transformer is 642-164 . I had read in service manual and it is said if a serial below 15000 then it is a dual primary voltage . I think I need to use a step down tranformer to use it. Thank you for your time Lee.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
If that is a dual voltage transformer, the series/parallel connections are made at the AC mains in fuse tab and the thermoswitch. We need a pic of the thermoswitch wiring and the wiring by the mains fuse. Someone could have transplanted another transformer , but from what I've seen so far, I see no evidence of that. Is this a 4 finheatsink amp??

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Documentation of anything at Phase Linear in the early days was sketchy at best. I would not assume that transformer is dual voltage unless we can verify that through the wiring vonnections.

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Early series one. Most likely a 4 finner..I don't believe that's a dual voltage transformer.
I have had 3 early 4 finners and none had a BR in that spot. Silvara is #2043. I will have to pay more attention to these when I come across them!!! Good info!

R1200S

Journeyman
Tagline
Smoke and mirrors baby!
I just pulled the faceplate off my first gen. 400 and it looks exactly like these pictures. BR mounted to the side, no bell on the transformer. Not sure about the dual voltage, it's definitely been running on 110V in an American market all its life. Ser. #743-110A. I'll post some pics for comparison if anyone needs to see them.