Perry's 700 Series II Clair builds (4 amps)

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
SCORE..... SWEET

Damn, I was cleaning and rearranging the Amp Shack in preparation for winter (The wife made me do it) and I happened upon a Brand new Black 700B Faceplate and a 700 Series II CLAIR faceplate I didn't know I had. They were bubble wrapped and were stashed up on the top shelf of the rack I'm moving back to the garage.... THAT, was worth the effort alone. I thought I only had 3 Clair's left for the finishing touches on my 4 amps(one is finished).

Plus, I found that old candy bar I lost earlier this summer.

KitKat.jpg

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
This system, along with the Black Pioneer Equalizer is going to be posted for sale tonight.

Me and mama are going to listen to WOPL Christmas music and decorate the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree....

Whole system for sale 001.jpg

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I thought Ron was interested in that EQ...

I was still interest in that Pioneer CD changer you showed some time back in a thread about some free stuff you got.

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
LOL, don't need the EQ now Steven but there is something I am coveting and I have to pick my record archive to make it happen. It may or may not but I thank Perry for being willing to work a deal

Perry, I will be ringing you tomorrow sometime, figured I would give your listings a chance first as I know cash is king

I have to pack Navo's dbx unit and get that out this week also. Just so hard to sell records right now on AK and I am digging through couch cushions just for a pack of smokes

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Those Epicure's look sort of like a Sony set I remember seeing 20-30 years ago except the Sony's were blondes

orange

Tagline
Ron, your couch smoked all your sh!t if it had any. :toothy5:

You mean the 25 disc vertical loader, Perry? If so, I have to find that thread and look again but I'm betting I have enough to Frankenstein mine to life or verse vicey.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Damn, I was cleaning and rearranging the Amp Shack in preparation for winter (The wife made me do it) and I happened upon a Brand new Black 700B Faceplate and a 700 Series II CLAIR faceplate I didn't know I had. They were bubble wrapped and were stashed up on the top shelf of the rack I'm moving back to the garage.... THAT, was worth the effort alone. I thought I only had 3 Clair's left for the finishing touches on my 4 amps(one is finished).

Plus, I found that old candy bar I lost earlier this summer.
I gotta quit cleaning... I just found 2 Japanese soldiers under my bench who didn't know the war was over.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Now comes the long process of transformers, tearing down the face assemblies, cleaning all the switches, knobs and shit...... This will take a while. Not including the building of the backplanes, control boards and the mile of wire to rig the chassis'.

This group is "The Enforcers". I'm breaking with tradition of naming them with fluffy chick names. The will be the hard working guys. They look pretty, but don't let that fool ya... They are ALL BUSINESS...

They end their old life like this.....

View attachment 25568

And start their new life like this..

View attachment 25569

sucked out the old solder and pulled old wire tails... many hours on this shit...

View attachment 25570

oh, lets not forget the funky transformers. They suck up a HUGE amount of time..... Guess I should quit goofing off and get cookin.....

View attachment 25571
From This.... To THIS....

orange

Tagline
I guarantee you no Altec Lansing ever looked that nice off the line. Bob should be proud.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I guarantee you no Altec Lansing ever looked that nice off the line. Bob should be proud.
Bob my ass...... I think he was gone by then and I didn't see HIM sanding and painting. He liked them when I showed him a picture but if I recall, he was down the road by the time the Series II came out and I believe A. P. Van Meter designed it. Bob left in what 77/78? And the Series II came out in 78....

oldphaser

Chief Journeyman
Bob my ass...... I think he was gone by then and I didn't see HIM sanding and painting. He liked them when I showed him a picture but if I recall, he was down the road by the time the Series II came out and I believe A. P. Van Meter designed it. Bob left in what 77/78? And the Series II came out in 78....
Bob "received his salary ($80,000 annually) through March 17, 1978". The lawsuit he filed "on November 16, 1977 against Phase and its various officers and directors"... "was settled on March 28, 1978".

To my knowledge A.P. Van Meter did not work on the amplifiers. Terry Pennington and Mike Frost did as their initials appeared on the checked and approved boxes on the schematic drawings.

Ed

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Bob "received his salary ($80,000 annually) through March 17, 1978". The lawsuit he filed "on November 16, 1977 against Phase and its various officers and directors"... "was settled on March 28, 1978".

To my knowledge A.P. Van Meter did not work on the amplifiers. Terry Pennington and Mike Frost did as their initials appeared on the checked and approved boxes on the schematic drawings.

Ed
My Point was, bob didnt do shit.