Parts Database

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
50 amp bridge rectifier-----------905-KBPC5006T
Snubber caps for same-----------5989-400V.01-F
I know this is an old post but does this bridge rectifier and snubbers work on the 400 and 700s? Thanks for the work on the database and everywhere else.

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
did anybody ever find the part number for the P-straps for the bias tranny's?? This could work rather well, He kind of butchered it but taking your time and a piece of heat shrink and it should work rather well. Thanks

P-Strap.jpg

Last edited:

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
did anybody ever find the part number for the P-straps for the bias tranny's?? This could work rather well, He kind of butchered it but taking your time and a piece of heat shrink and it should work rather well. Thanks

View attachment 37234
Those ring terminals look to be made of copper, the p-clamps are aluminum. Heat transmission may be a little different. The p-clamps have the flat of the case down, not up, so watch the transistor pin order.

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
I am going to try plastic transistors for the bias circuit.
Nick (THD+N) told me this.

“ Q118 can be replaced by a plastic T0-126 transistor such as 2SC3421. Notice that the 2SC3421 is an all plastic case transistor and you can mount the 2SC3421 directly to the heat sink with thermal grease. If youuse another type of TO-126 type transistor for a bias transistor, ensure it is all plastic. If not, then you may have to use an insulator and thermal grease to ensure electrical isolation. A lot of transistors can be used for the 2N3403 bias transistor substitute. Cut the leads from the 2N3403 and solder them to the new T0-126 type transistor leads. Make sure you identify the correct pin-out of the new transistor and attach the bias wires from the 2N3403 in the correct manner. Bias will need to be readjusted when using a different type transistor. I am using 2SC3421’s now in a 700II and they work great. No issues”

Attachments

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast

View attachment 37234
You buy junk 2SC type transistors on ebay and salvage the Pstrap and throw the original transistor away. I landed 25 junk transistors a while ago for low money that I have in a pinch.

But every amp has the originals, where are they going?

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
You buy junk 2SC type transistors on ebay and salvage the Pstrap and throw the original transistor away. I landed 25 junk transistors a while ago for low money that I have in a pinch.

But every amp has the originals, where are they going?
I've had a couple that have had been FILLED with some bad ass epoxy that I could not get out no matter how much heat and chemicals (drilled/scraped) I used. Now that I have a supply, I'll just toss the problematic ones in a bag and they will work for emergencies.

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
Mazel tov on that...

If a specific part is indicated by the circuit designer, they do it for a reason. I wouldn’t stray from what’s in the design.
Can’t believe the resistance on this one. This site is all about find new and improved but not for this part. I still going to try them