OPPO UDP-203

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
If folks have the disposable income they can buy what they want. If I had $2500 to blow I would get a pound of killer weed LOL

Tagline
Born and Raised In The 700 Watt Club.
Anybody sign up for the last OPPO run of the UDP-205?
Yeah Joe, I also signed up for that months ago. Got the email Wed or Thurs I think. Not really the best time for me to be dropping $1,332.00 (That's with shipping), but their warning of availability through July 4th only did not give me much of a chance to ponder on it.

I suppose I will either be moving the BPD-105 from the main Living room down to the big speaker system with the PL's (replacing a 1990's 6-disc magazine Pioneer CD changer), or find someone with discerning ears that could use the Universal Hi-Fi player. (For a price obviously. Not giving away the farm here).

But here's the big kicker on ME unfortunately............I don't even own a UHD TV yet. I'm just here to rock out to the audiophile reference like sound. :headbang:

OPPOBDP-205.jpg

Last edited:

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
You'd be paying too much ... :D
Not in CT, a lot cheaper in Mass since it's legal for recreational use. Hopefully we are soon to follow. I have a medical card and the dispensary charges $50 for an 1/8th for T-29 or higher

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Got home, checked e-mail and they're gone, signed up for the august run...

Last edited:
Tagline
Got home, checked e-mail and they're gone, signed up for the august run...
Do we know if they are having another run? Or was this literally their final production release? I responded same day as the email came out with the fear this would happen. The ol' lady gave me the snake eye when I did it because of the cost; but I was afraid of this. I thought signing up reserved you on the list and you could opt-out for your chance once it was available to you specifically but they did the whole first-come-first served routine regardless of the special link they gave you.

I'll sell you a Non-UHD Oppo Lee? I'd rather have it to a discerning ear than sell to someone I don't think would appreciate it. :wink:

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I've got the DV 893 right now Dave. And if the August reference turns out to be bunk, I certainly would be onterested.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I am thinking that the August run will occur Lee based on their latest stance. It seems they moved their production to be demand driven rather than holding inventory.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I am thinking that the August run will occur Lee based on their latest stance. It seems they moved their production to be demand driven rather than holding inventory.

Sounds reasonable Sir Joe...thanks.

Tagline
I've got the DV 893 right now Dave. And if the August reference turns out to be bunk, I certainly would be onterested.
Lee I’ll set it aside with you in mind first. I hope you snap the one up in August. If anything it gives everyone some breathing room to save up for it again. Nobody knew if there would be another run or not. That’s the risk ya take. Supply and Demand wins every time.

It’s the MQA that got me the most. Excerpt From Sound and Vision.

5BFFF376-F8EE-49F4-BE8D-31C61885DAAA.jpg ACB81AB5-0AFE-47E2-9830-2EBA85C4D29E.jpg

Last edited: