New To The Phoenix Group

Cafe944

Journeyman
Hello Drummergrl
Likewise, Welcome to the forum. I cannot answer your question, due to the fact that I have not heard a WOPL.
General question to all members, Do you know of anyone with a WOPL living in the New York area?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Jose, what's special about the Steve Mantz driver board?

Last edited:

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
I don't see anything on the site referring to a control board for a PL amp being available. Maybe they don't do them anymore? Or maybe he just recapped the original board? I think we are all interested in seeing the control board Jose!

Last edited:

Cafe944

Journeyman
Jose, what's special about the Steve Mantz driver board?
Lee, I honestly do not have the technical know how about specifics regarding the board. But I can comment on it's sound reproduction.
Prior to the mod,this particular amp was extremely bright on the highs,mids where average and the bass had no control or definition.It overheated at medium volume with easy to drive speakers.Post Mod, Incredibly smooth highs and mids.The bass control and definition equals the Krell 700cx amp I had at the time and since have sold.I will not say this is the best amp out there, because I personally do not believe there is such a thing as best,what might be audio nirvana to one individual,might be a horror to another.Audio gear is very subjective, in my own personal experience,I've had quite a few amps and pre amps cross my ownership, The PL 700 II and the Citation 1 got me off the merry go round.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
It may be an adaptation of one of his other designs into the PL chassis....it's totally different...from looking at his site he could have taken a driver board and adapted it. He's no slouch by any means, but his wire discipline could use some work, BUT, I know how hard it is to make look neat so maybe I better keep my opinions to myself...