New Music coming out

nobody

Journeyman
Tagline
---
New music? Well, I did just pre-order the new Aphex Twin and Tricky albums. Have grabbed a lot of more obscure things lately, but looking forward to both of these.

Dazen1

Veteran and General Yakker
New music? Well, I did just pre-order the new Aphex Twin and Tricky albums. Have grabbed a lot of more obscure things lately, but looking forward to both of these.
I used to work with a guy who was into the Aphex Twin and he was obsessed with playing Digeridoo over and over...

Have not heard too much of Tricky's stuff post 2000. Love Maxinquaye and have recently been revisiting Angels with Dirty Faces (which is excellent).

nobody

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Aphex Twin can be a bit hit or miss for me sometimes, even his misses aren't far off the mark and I'm always curious what he'll put out. I have probably listened to Selected Ambient Works 85-92 as many times as any electronic album over the years. I think Maxinquaye is a great album, but I also think most of Tricky's catalog is pretty solid and gets a bit unfairly maligned. He's put out a couple weaker ones, but even the duds have a track or three that I really like. Advance word is this new one is supposed to be strong, but I've heard that song and dance from the PR machine before. But yeah, they're both in that group of artists where I am at least curious enough that I want a listen when they release something new.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Rock Or Bust

ACDC's long awaited(by me) Rock Or Bust album dropped today. While my vinyl copy wont be in until friday, and HMV is still waiting for their vinyl, I ripped over to HMV on my lunch break to grab a CD copy. I managed to take in most of it during my time in the car over the course of the rest of the day. Now giving it a second listen on the home system.

I didnt have really high expectations after hearing Play Ball, but it was followed by Rock Or Bust, which im really starting to like.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_NdHySPJr8I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gonna give this one several listens before making up my mind on the album. So far so good though.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Nice. From what Nando has said, you'll like the PF album too.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
If you like this one, you should also have Black Ice in your stash. They are very similar in sound. Black Ice was a great album, and I think this one will live up to it. Ill give it the real test when I grab the vinyl. Might have to put on one of my nicer carts for that one.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Van Halen live album to come out in March. 2CD/4LP release. Looking forward to this. First live release from VH, and while I didnt see the Different Truth tour, I saw the reunion tour, and it was one of the best shows I have ever seen.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Van Halen live album to come out in March. 2CD/4LP release. Looking forward to this. First live release from VH, and while I didnt see the Different Truth tour, I saw the reunion tour, and it was one of the best shows I have ever seen.
If the 'Blabber' is true, the set-list looks solid.

Not sure if you saw the other news or not, but new remastered studio albums to be released, starting this spring. Vinyl too !