New Music coming out

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
New Foo Fighters coming in November. Looking forward to what they do differently this time around ...

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Mr Big has a new album coming out at the end of the month.

Gotta Love The Ride

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6smE1qhlghE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
For a super group, I always though Mr Big sucked. Maybe this lp will change my mind. Usually supergroup type bands rarely deliver a product that stands up to the hype of the members. Sheehan is a monster on bass though, remember Talas? HSAS is another example of a super group that in general blows

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Hahahaha HSAS. I have never listened to it cuz im not a big hagar fan.

I had never really realized that Mr. Big was a supergroup. But hey guess they are hunh?

Northwinds

Tagline
Hahahaha HSAS. I have never listened to it cuz im not a big hagar fan.

I had never really realized that Mr. Big was a supergroup. But hey guess they are hunh?
I am not a huge Sammy fan either but that tune Mas Tequila crushes, especially pounded out by a WOPL!!!! I like his Standing Hampton album also. Three Lock Box was not too shabby either

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Instead of Hagar I often wondered how Tommy Bolin would have fit with Van Halen..

Skynyrd77

Tagline
lost in my own world
I am not a huge Sammy fan either but that tune Mas Tequila crushes, especially pounded out by a WOPL!!!! I like his Standing Hampton album also. Three Lock Box was not too shabby either
montrose was good!!! and deff some good solo stuff but the hsas lp wasnt very good imo..

BlazeES

Tagline
---
montrose was good!!! and deff some good solo stuff but the hsas lp wasnt very good imo..
To each his own I suppose but 'Valley of the Kings/Giza" is a shred-fest by Neal Schon.
Whenever I play those two connected tracks, I play them loud!

I personally detest Hagar solo, most all Van Hagar unless Eddie puts forth some over-the-top guitar work that distracted from Hagar's conceited BS
but HSAS was a weird experiment that came out right IMHO, mainly because Hagar didn't head trip the effort. It was a super group experiment
before "super groups" were vogue.
The band chemistry was killer. I suppose it's a Bay Area thing ... :D

The whole first side of that album is the side to listen to, end-to-end.

Top of the Rock
Missing You
Animation
Valley of the Kings
Giza

The second side is disposable filler unworthy of a listen IMHO ...

Last edited:

Skynyrd77

Tagline
lost in my own world
To each his own I suppose but 'Valley of the Kings/Giza" is a shred-fest by Neal Schon.
Whenever I play those two connected tracks, I play them loud!

I personally detest Hagar solo, most all Van Hagar unless Eddie puts forth some over-the-top guitar work that distracted from Hagar's conceited BS
but HSAS was a weird experiment that came out right IMHO, mainly because Hagar didn't head trip the effort. It was a super group experiment
before "super groups" were vogue.
The band chemistry was killer. I suppose it's a Bay Area thing ... :D
im not a fan of eddie or neal personally. hagar is hagar lmao. i prob should stop now. im to opinionated about music. ill have the hoof in mouth goin if i keep typin:toothy10::???:

Northwinds

Tagline
Tommy Bolin was a good guitar player but nothing like EVH. He would have been a better choice then Sammy but Bolin's heroin problem would have been the real distraction. EVH is bad enough when he drinks :laughing5:

Skynyrd77

Tagline
lost in my own world
Tommy Bolin was a good guitar player but nothing like EVH. He would have been a better choice then Sammy but Bolin's heroin problem would have been the real distraction. EVH is bad enough when he drinks :laughing5:
egos would have collided. and bolins way better than evh.... imo :iconbiggrin: