New Member: Planning my PL400 rebuild

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
Thanks to all for the warnings about the inadequacies of the 4-fin heat sink. I have secured compatible 8-fin heat sinks and a transformer upgrade and will proceed with my now-fortified and much beloved original PL400 for the project.
If your four-fin unit came with the two Transistor Covers, I would be interested in them for my four-fin PL400.
Mark

jle

New Around These Parts
Tagline
Older than I act, younger than I look
If your four-fin unit came with the two Transistor Covers, I would be interested in them for my four-fin PL400.
Mark
Hi Mark. I am still working on transistor covers. I will keep you in mind (and first in line) if I find myself with extra covers from the 4-fin configuration.

jle

New Around These Parts
Tagline
Older than I act, younger than I look
Mark
Hi Mark -- As of this evening, I have found transistor covers for the 8-fin heat sink that I am transplanting onto my PL400. I will therefore should have the two transistor covers from the now-defunct 4-fin heat sink available for you. Once I get everything in hand and triple-check it, I can send you the two covers. Please send me a PM and let me know your mailing address.

-Jon