NEW BUILD, with a NICE Surprise WOAD delivers

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Actually you can Bi-Amp with these. But you'll not be able to afford 3 WOPLs along with having your house specially wired. Bi amping is nothing special. One amp runs the highs, one amp runs the mids and one amp for lows.... Unneeded

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I just built Fat Girl with a rev E, and I am now putting in a G1. Will my ears know???? I doubt it. A dB here, a dB there..... It's all good. The last rev boards are awesome, yer not missing anything. But, if you want to WISH..... You gotta click the heel together too.... :) or just spend another measly $160 for the new board.

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Actually you can Bi-Amp with these. But you'll not be able to afford 3 WOPLs along with having your house specially wired. Bi amping is nothing special. One amp runs the highs, one amp runs the mids and one amp for lows.... Unneeded
That’s tri amp...

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Got Brads amp in this afternoon. Got her stripped and she's going back together. Tomorrow is a wash but Sunday I'll make BIG progress.

Some may have noticed that I like to wire my back planes with them installed.. For me it makes a nicer cleaner wire job and this method works great but CARE MUST BE TAKEN to ensure the tails of the wires don't touch the chassis under the BP's. I use precise stripping, and a feeler gauge to ensure plenty of clearance.

IMG_5515rs (2208 x 1656).jpg

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Would love to be able to get one of these in my Clair but very bad year for anything. My amp still sounds great but the dual mono has me intrigued as my preamp is dual mono

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I have to throw this out there once again, I have Brad's amp going back together and when I got to the face plate assembly, I discovered that the volume pots are mismatched and not very close in measurements (Ohms). One is 30 ohms to 99K (the original) and the other, which is modified, is 12 ohms to 80K. Could they be used? Yes, but it makes testing a little off and when listening to it, the volumes will be at different settings (unless you are Ron and the amp is wide open :eek:). Did anybody ever find a suitable sub for these?
I don't want to send an amp (especially a WOPL)back, with these in there. And, after looking at them, I don't think either is correct.

IMG_5516rs (2208 x 1656).jpg

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Other than that, the amp is mostly finished. I'll put the G1 board in there tomorrow, and get most of the face completed. The cover holes are about 3 sizes bigger than original and I think I'll try to use some threaded inserts and see if I can get them back to their normal size. (Yes, the back planes need another cleaning).

IMG_5517rs (2208 x 1656).jpg IMG_5518rs (2208 x 1656).jpg IMG_5519rs (2208 x 1656).jpg

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I have to throw this out there once again, I have Brad's amp going back together and when I got to the face plate assembly, I discovered that the volume pots are mismatched and not very close in measurements (Ohms). One is 30 ohms to 99K (the original) and the other, which is modified, is 12 ohms to 80K. Could they be used? Yes, but it makes testing a little off and when listening to it, the volumes will be at different settings (unless you are Ron and the amp is wide open :eek:). Did anybody ever find a suitable sub for these?
I don't want to send an amp (especially a WOPL)back, with these in there. And, after looking at them, I don't think either is correct.

View attachment 35032
RV16AF-10-20R1-A100K-LA Audio Taper

RV16AF-10-20R1-B100K-LA Linear

In stock at Mouser. Threads are 7mm x 0.75 instead of 3/8-32 but close.