NEW BUILD, with a NICE Surprise WOAD delivers

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I guess the 'bouncy' meter setting is for daytime background music? I was just getting warmed up last night and the needles were bouncing off the pins & I quick flipped the switch. I don't want to hurt anything ......yet.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
I guess the 'bouncy' meter setting is for daytime background music? I was just getting warmed up last night and the needles were bouncing off the pins & I quick flipped the switch. I don't want to hurt anything ......yet.
Did you score one of those cool fans yet???

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
That will have to wait two more weeks. For some reason I find myself tapped out right now.
I have an interim plan. We'll be chillin soon.

I have been using these fans for a while now. When somebody has me do a build, I either include one or direct them to the site to buy one. They are programmable so you set it up, adjust the temp for when you want it to come one, and they are so quiet that you don't even hear it. And, at $49, it's cheap insurance. As we all know, the cooler we keep our amps, the longer they last.

https://www.acinfinity.com/componen...-component-cooling-fan-system-top-exhaust-12/

bill7621

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF, y'all
That's pretty nice. I'm going to get me one of them things!
I rarely get my amp hot enough to need extra cooling, but when I do that would be nice to have. And as you say, cheap insurance. A lot cheaper than even the postage to send it back for a repair.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
That's pretty nice. I'm going to get me one of them things!
I rarely get my amp hot enough to need extra cooling, but when I do that would be nice to have. And as you say, cheap insurance. A lot cheaper than even the postage to send it back for a repair.

My amp lives a pretty easy life but I run one of these always. It turns on when it needs too.

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
In looking at the AC Infinity systems, it appears that they are designed to pull the hot air from the receiver or amp and exhaust it through the top, back or front. I thought BLOWING air onto the heat sinks and that amp itself would be more beneficial than simply sucking the hot air and exhausting it. Am I wrong? All the homemade fans I have BLOW the air toward the fins... Also given the uneven top on the 400 and the 700, which one of these models would do the best job?

I am interested in everyones opinions..