New build for shop system

AngrySailor

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---not quite right
Did you put speaker terminals on the backs of these? If so did you use 10ga wire to run from the terminal to the woofer?
I used 12/2 stranded copper trailer wire from the auto parts store. I soldered eyelets then passed some 10/32 bolts through the MDF and put nuts on to hold the posts. Then put eyelets on the speaker wires and used some 10/32 wing nuts to attach the speaker wires from the amp. Cheap, functional not audiophile approved

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
If the music gets to where it needs to be it's approved. I'm running my JBL- L150s on an old 12/3 ugly yellow, flat ext. cord that needed a new end on it. It must thirty years old, very flexible so it's probably fairly good quality wire. Sounded crappy for a few hours then came on strong.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
If the music gets to where it needs to be it's approved. I'm running my JBL- L150s on an old 12/3 ugly yellow, flat ext. cord that needed a new end on it. It must thirty years old, very flexible so it's probably fairly good quality wire. Sounded crappy for a few hours then came on strong.
LOL!!!!

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
You'll blow your ears out kid
lol so what do you figure, after 30 years the wire just needed a few more hours to break in???

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
Not real sure what the deal is but I know that most of my old stereo equipment sounded better over time after not being used for awhile. Break in/burn on electrical components happens so maybe from not being used for so many years the wire decided it liked making music better than running the tools...;)

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
I’ve heard of cryogenic treatment but that sounds like comatose treatment? You probably need to charge a lot for it.