New build for shop system

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
You'll blow your ears out kid
Take the bus??? We don't have any buses around here, I live out in the sticks lol. But good idea, I really want to just get my truck registered I will start hounding them at town hall.....

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Got the truck registered now just want to verify they have it in stock at nearest home depot.... what does a sheet of this stuff weigh?? Wondering if I will need an extra pare of hands loading and unloading it.....

AngrySailor

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---not quite right
10 sheets was half a ton... it varies slightly by manufacturer but they’re something like 98lbs/sheet.

Did you order speakers yet? I was looking for speakers for a feiends project an noticed they went up in price on amazon but not directly from Rockville. Check prices and shipping you might save a few bucks.

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I'm on my own my help is down in NJ probably for the summer taking care of his dad.... I had a feeling it would be up around 100lbs. I didn't order the speakers yet, I have the money for MFD and about $100 to put toward the woofers... I just put a ton of money into my truck with parts and registration and all but I will get there...

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Highly recommend getting a piece of scrap or cheap wood, or an old door or something you can cut and drill into as a work bench. Makes cutting full sheets and doing the router work easy if you don’t have a giant fancy panel cutting table saw!

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
WOW that must sound insanely incredible....
I think I can break my house...

Edit: I should add that it sounds really nice even at low levels. Those 15” cabinets didn’t work well in the large space of the shop as subs but they found their calling as 3 ways in the house. The 18” aren’t even needed but I had em so in they went. The carver pre-amp is super sexy also (thanks grapplesaw) this combo sounds super clean. I’m powering it with one of my big QSC amps rn while I get Tim and Linda fixed up but I can’t say anything bad about it really. Now I gotta build the cabinet for the gear and hang the TV so I can watch music videos along with.

Last edited:

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Tell me, when your running that motor you got sitting on the floor can you still listen to your music???? lol

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Tell me, when your running that motor you got sitting on the floor can you still listen to your music???? lol
What do you mean? The big amp? Its got a fan in it but it’s pretty darn quiet and variable speed. I’ve never even been able to get the MX amps warm even when flashing the clip lights at 2 ohm/ch. the system is silent whit no signal too. No complaints about using a commercial amp, just zero cool factor which the PL gear has.

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
What do you mean? The big amp? Its got a fan in it but it’s pretty darn quiet and variable speed. I’ve never even been able to get the MX amps warm even when flashing the clip lights at 2 ohm/ch. the system is silent whit no signal too. No complaints about using a commercial amp, just zero cool factor which the PL gear has.
Nah, I think he is talking about the motor in your shop pics.

AngrySailor

Tagline
---not quite right
Ahhh that makes more sense... that thing is pretty fuggin loud. It’s the little engine and it needs a piston. The big one needs a lifter bore sleeved and cam/lifters replaced. Add it to the to do list eh...

roccus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I did my final calculations for port length, my box with braces and every thing subtracted come in at 8.255 cu ft. so for 6" port at 30hz length comes in at 5.866 or the other end I was thinking 33hz length would be 4.086...