My New Preamp!!

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
Lee; Do you feel like the K-horns are your ' forever speakers' ? Or have you considered upping your game there? If so, to what?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Oh, I'll never get rid of the horns. I would acquire a set of Martin Logan electrostatics at the right price...

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
No doubt. New crossovers too. Just wondered what you might upgrade to if you were leaning that way.

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly
Oh, I'll never get rid of the horns. I would acquire a set of Martin Logan electrostatics at the right price...
Yea Right..... You get something that will beat what ya got..... Be sure a let me know.... I GOTTA HEAR THAT !!!!!! I dont think you could ever get anything in that room that would sound as good as the K-horns ya got !!! If only mine sounded like that !!! SAME DAMN SPEAKER.... jUST GOTTA BE THAT ROOM !! lol....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Amen Kev, must be the perfect dimension, with just one doorway and lots of concrete and enough "stuff" to cancel standing waves..

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Actually, the 'X's" are a bit of an upgrade from my original Summit's and the parts are not interchangable. I can't hear much of a difference except in the bass intergration with the panels...but Lee and I have talked about playing around with that.

Kev, you and anyone else passing through Tucson are more than welcome at casa de la stu for a listen, they are not to everyone's taste, certainly not' in your face K-Horn sound' (which, I've yet to sit in the Masters Chair to truly hear properly!!). I've only heard our friend Stephens and his are not like Lee's and in the wrong room. Planners/'stats and ribbon speakers also need the right room and placement in that room more than most speakers. I've always been gifted in that without using DSP EQ, just my back and my ears, if I might brag a bit. I like them sober and if enhanced and even better with some fungi,,,OMFG they do things you just have to experience :hippy2:

Back to your new Pre Lee, Dayum dude!! YOU upped the bar again and just out of most of our reach here!! 85+lbs of chassis??!!?? :clown: been waiting ta use this posse clown smiley lol...lucky you!!

:happy1:, I think you should let Jani write the review tho :cool:.

kevin

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly
First of all.... What the heck is going on with this Forum... LOL... WOW... I thought id logged into the wrong place.... Good job !!!!! Stuwee… Hell yea on your speakers man... those THINGS ARE BEASTS !!!!! VERY VERY CLEAN !!! The 6'4" line arrays pictured with my sub are some the best sounding things ive heard.... They will suck a 700 to death !!! lol... But....But... Till your ass has been placed in THE chair and you have heard the pair of K-Horns Lee has.... Your missing it !!!! And I got the same damn speaker.... But they don't sound like Lee's... Ive listened to many many speaker in my time... Something about the room... The size of the room.... Who Knows what it is... But damnit it works !!! Lee ruined me and my stereo... I didn't stop... With Lee and Tims help..... until I got a pair just like Lee's... When I heard his... I had to have that sound !!! His stereo reminds me of a drug I once did..... And Im still CHASING it !!!!

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Quite impressive, Lee. And with a remote control, too.

Nando.